Chapter 10

NIALL'S P.O.V.

"Hello, there! What can I do for you?" the guy who stood in the doorway asked me.

"Uh, I, erm, i'll come back later." I replied to him, but the truth is, I wasn't coming back later, or ever for that matter. I can't believe it, I feel like i've been punched in the stomach over and over again. I walked as fast as I could out of her flat complex, the cold air slapping my face as I walked outside and shoved my hands into my pocket.

I couldn't even register what was happening, the fact that they were hanging out afterwards means the date obviously went well... really well. I just feel like there is no hope for me with her. Harry was right, I should have a made a move earlier. I walked into my flat and slammed the door walking straight upstairs to my room.

"Hey, Nia... woah, everything alright mate?" I barely even heard Liam as I was pretty much completely consumed in my own thoughts. I laid on my bed and ran my hand through my hair. I heard a quiet knock at the door and I sat up.

"Come in."

"Hey, what happened Niall?" a concerned Liam said as he came and sat down on the other side of my bed.

"It's Court, I went over to talk to her and she was with some other guy." I said looking down at the floor.

"Oh... listen i'm really sorry mate. Did you talk to her about it?"

"No, I got away as soon as I could."

"Well, like I always say, remember when I asked out a girl 22 times until she finally said yes? Well she finally did-"

"Yeah, then she broke up with you the next day!" I chuckled.

"Okay, well my point is, don't give up. You need to show her how you feel, it's not the end you know." he said as he shrugged and gave me a squeeze on the shoulder before walking out and shutting the door.

I decided to just go to sleep, as everything seems worse at night and there is nothing I can do about it now.

COURT'S P.O.V.

"Well thank you for coming Nick, I can't wait to start interning this Wednesday!" I exclaimed.

"Oh, of course. Sorry for the late notice, it's just Felicity wanted you to be ready to go and up to date on everything before you started. But, i'll head out now, sorry for staying so late!" he replied as he got up and walked out the door.

I had gotten a call from my internship designer, Felicity, about an hour into my date with Ed. I had to cut it short, but I was actually thankful for the call, seeing as Ed was absolutely full of himself. Don't get me wrong, i'm sure everyone loves to hear about how fast you can run, how many medals you have received, not to mention how many girls you have dated in the past 3 months. What fun! So I explained to Ed that I had to go and that I was sorry but it probably wouldn't work out because I would be busy with school and my internship. Okay, so that wasn't entirely true, as I didn't start school for another two months and the internship was only 2-3 times a week.

He tried to change my mind, that is, until he saw a tall blond walk past with her group of friends so he told me he "saw someone he knew". Yeah, that's what you saw. So, I tried to forget about him as I made my way back to my apartment. Going out with Ed made me realize that guys are jerks, and I should really just focus on my studies. I felt as though I would never meet anyone good, so I smiled knowing there was no pressure to find a guy anytime soon.

When I got to my apartment Nick was waiting for me, I had a stark moment of reminiscence because of his bright green eyes that deeply resembled those of Ed, but I quickly shook it off.