Chapter 6

"Lou, i'm serious, no more stores!" El groaned into Louis as we went into another store, one called Jack Wills. I had heard of it and browsed the website, but have never been inside the actual store. We had been out shopping since lunch and we were all pretty tired. I haven't bought anything new all day because, well I don't have a job and I am a university student with absolutely no money. It is about 5:00 and we have a dinner reservation at 6, so Lou decided we should go in ONE more store. (that's what he said last time!)

"Hey, I've heard of this store! They have some really neat stuff." I smiled.

"It's about time, at least we now know that Court hasn't lived under a rock her ENTIRE life!" Harry winked my way and I laughed. It's not like I didn't know any of the stores we visited today, I just haven't ever heard of them simply because I am from the US.

"C'mon Court, let's find you some new outfits!" El and Danielle left Lou and Liam and dragged me off to the women's section. 

"Not fair! We will miss you!" Liam and Lou yelled after them.

"So, now that we are alone... what happened between you and Niall when you went back to his flat?" Danielle casually asked whilst looking and picking out adorable dresses and tops for me and handing them to the store clerk nearby. British stores are awesome!

"Wh...whaat?" I stammered. "Uh, nothing. I just got a clean shirt is all." I smiled sheepishly.

"Hmm, Danielle, I feel as though she might be fibbing. But whatever happened, I guess she isn't quite ready to tell us yet. We will just have to wait for it to happen on it's own." El winked and picked out some more tops. "Ooo, this would be so cute on you!" El exclaimed as she held up a floral blazer.

Wait, what did she mean? Does she think I like Niall? I know know Niall doesn't like me...right?

We made our way to the dressing room which was decked out with about 20 outfits the store clerk had put in there from El and Danielle.

"Okay Court, now we want you to show us every outfit you!" Danielle yelled as I began to change into this adorable striped blazer and pink chinos.  I heard some giggling and whispering as I pulled back the curtain to reveal not just El and Danielle, but Niall, Liam, Louis, Harry, and Zayn.

"Whhooot, whoot!"

"Someone is lookin' fresh!"

"STRIPES MY FAVORITE."

I blushed profusely under my sheath of hair as I took in all the comments. Normally I only go into the dressing room with one or two of my friends or my mom. I'm not used to displaying my outfits to new people who I barely know, although I do feel as though I have gotten to know them pretty well as the day has gone on.

"Thanks guys! Next outfit." I regained my composure and walked back into the comfort of the dressing room.

I eventually got through all of my outfits, some getting the very same reaction as my first one and others getting a more... unfavorable reaction. I went in to try on my final outfit, one I had saved for the end because I didn't really want to try it on. However El and Danielle made it very clear that they wanted to see ALL of my outfits.

I slipped into the white dress covered in baby pink polka-dots (link to right!). It had a low back with tiny bow accents. I really didn't think to much of this dress until I reluctently stepped out of the dressing room to show my awaiting crowd.

"Wow..."

"Ooo."

"Oh, Court. You look stunning."

I blushed and looked around at the responses, they were all smiling and aw-struck, until I came upon one that stood out: Niall. He was blushing and trading off looking to the ground then half-smiling while looking at me. I met his gaze and he blushed even more before erupting into a full on smile.