Chapter 2

Beautiful, angelic and perfect- these were the words that came up in Thomas's mind everytime when he was thinking about Newt.
He admired everything about Newt, the way how he smiled and moved hair behind his ear, how kind and so damn smart he was. I mean, of course he was the famous scientist's son but still...
Thomas just adored him.

"Well this is new, you weren't late!" Minho snorted, closing the locker as he saw his best friend walking over. "Dreaming about Newt again, Romeo?"
"Shut up."

Minho was officially his best and only friend. Also he was the only one who knew about Thomas's big secret. He liked to pick on Thomas because he was quite done with the shy brunette for not making a move towards Newt.

"Today's the championship with our running team, don't be late."
"Yes mum." Thomas murmured, trying to open up his locker.
"Newt will be there."
Thomas stopped and looked to his friend shocked "What did you just say?"
"He will be taking photos for school's newspaper," Minho shrugged, "just saying."
Thomas bit his lip, staring in the emptiness. Great, he thought with a note of sarcasm and sighed.

Minho patted his shoulder and walked to the class, leaving Thomas to mess with his locker.

Shuck, why it always have to happen. Thomas gritted his teeth, trying to open it.
Come on, come on! If he had the chance he would have already banged the door off from it with his super strenght. But Thomas didn't have any wish to expose his idendity like that. Plus, he already noticed the familiar person passing him. Thomas's stomach felt the butterflies rising up.

"And then I asked Harriet how come she can date with him??" Sonya shook her head, holding her books.
"What a jerk, he doesn't deserve her," Winston frowned. Newt nodded a bit, walking beside them, not concentrating on their conversation.

"Newt? You listening?" Sonya tilted her head, both of his friends were looking at the blonde now.
"Oh um, yes. That really sucks..." Newt nodded, still lost in thought.
"You are thinking about him again, aren't you?"
"Of course he is!" Winston grabbed an article from Newt's hands.
""Masked hero saves the day by stopping two dangerous cirminals robbering the bank"" Sonya read and glanced to Newt "Are you seriously still obsession over a person who you don't even know?"
Newt snatched the article from her hands, folding it in half carefully and putting in his bag "I am not obsessed. I just think that it's nice that he does for the people."
"Hmm, tootally not obsessed."
"Half of your articles are written about him."

He’s bloody brilliant, that’s why.” Newt said with a bright chuckle. “He saves lives every day without any payment. I mean if that’s not heroic I don’t know what is. He’s out there every hour of every day. With him in the city, we can be sure everyone can live a safe and happy life. I just wish I would know who he is...”
"Oh boy..." Winston groaned. "Okay but your love story has too many holes. You don't know him. He probably doesn't know you. How can you even be so sure to trust him?"
"I just... Know. I don't care who is behind that mask. Whoever it is, his heart is pure and kind" Newt sighed "who knows maybe he is watching us right now?"
"Like that Thomas guy right now?" Winston nodded his head.
Newt didn't caught what he meant and turned around.

Oh shit.
Thomas realised he had been caught staring at Newt.
Way to go Thomas.
Trying to make it not so obvious, Thomas made an awkward smile and waved a bit. Not creepy at all.

"He is weird." Winston wrinkled his nose as he saw Thomas's attempt to walk away casually but instead of that he walked against the door.
"I think he is funny," Newt giggled "poor guy."

Thomas hid face behind his bag and ran to the class.
He had one job: act casual, not to shuck everything up in front of his crush.

Oh well, life was going great so far!