Present Day: Bloody Stairs

Ione and I have been running from Victor for years now. We haven't really been living, just surving. I decided that if Ione and I are ever to actually live we have to blend in.

"Ione, how do you feel about going to high school?" I asked nonchalantly from the kitchen of our large house outside of the city.

" Well, I don't know Clifford, what if Victor finds us again?" she asked from the living room reading a colorful magazine.

" I'm tired of us running away from him, and not trying to live, if we blend in here then maybe he won't find us Ione." I said striding over to her and leaning on the arm of the chair she was lounging on.

"Fine." Ione said grumpily going back to her magazine

" Good thing you said yes, because I already registered you, your first day is tomorrow!" I smiled darkly and ran down the hallway to my room and locked the door.

" You dirty little bitch!" Ione growled from behind the door while I bursted out laughing.

~Ione~

I looked around as the other students laughed and joked in front of the large wooden doors of LaFrey high school. Then I saw him, the dark spiky hair and the cold red eyes that could only belong to Victor. He glided over to me and touched my cheek gently pushing me against the stone pillars next to the doors.

"So, Cliffy and you decided it would be wise to come back to my hometown?! Hell, the school is even named after me, Victor L.A.F.E.Y." he said slowly with a menace in his voice that made chills run up my spine. He smiled darkly before raising his hand in a claw shape ready to slash my throat so he could decapitate me. My eyes closed as I started to quiver from the fear.

"Leave her alone." someone growled behind Victor. I opened one eye and saw a boy with shaggy brown hair and big brown eyes that looked so fierce but at the same time caring and friendly. " I said leave!" he snarled and his eyes flashed yellow.

Victor dropped his hand and started to walk away " Until next time Ione, tell Clifford I said hello..." he called behind him.

" Are you ok?" the boy asked with his warm beautiful eyes.

" Yyy....yes..thhh..thank you!" I stuttered. I reached to touch his hand and felt a spark as our skin made contact. The boy didn't move but he looked startled.

"Um good, I um, hope you have a good day, and I will see ya I guess..." the boy said nervously dropping his gaze and shuffled through the doors.

"What the hell was that!" I whispered to myself quietly.

The rest of the morning was rather uneventful. I didn't realize how big of a challenge it would be to keep my nature under control. Every time I got close to someone my fangs would pop out. I almost bit my biology teacher when she was passing out the rules of her class room. Clifford said it would get easier with time but I don't see that being true I thought to myself bitterly as I sat by myself at lunch.

"Mind if I sit here?" I looked up and saw the boy from this morning.

" Of course!" I gushed.

"Thanks, I um my name is Jareth." he said reaching his hand across the table.

" I'm Ione." I said giving him a small smile. As I touched his hand I felt that familiar electric feeling course through my hand and it made me shiver with pleasure. I hope he didn't notice!!!

"Ione I know you are a vampire." Jareth said gazing into my dark red eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said immediately. I knew it wasn't very convincing but maybe he wouldn't see through it.

" Well, it doesn't help your case that your fangs are extended." Jareth smirked brushing a strand of my hair away from my face. I could feel the sparks rush through my cold skin immediately.

" Jareth, please listen, if anyone were to find out then...then... I don't know what would happen! Please don't tell anyone!" I whispered urgently. His lips twisted into a smile and opened his mouth to speak.

" Don't worry Ione, something about you makes me....wonder." he whispered back touching my hand again his eyes flashed yellow. Did I just see what I thought I did?

" Hmm well it was nice to meet you, I guess." Jareth said flashing me his cute smile and turned to walk away.

I watched him walk away and I smiled to myself as I relived the few seconds we touched.

" Excuse me, bitch, what the fuck do you think you are doing sitting at my table?" a girls voice shrieked behind me accompanied by a flood of giggles. I turned around and saw a blonde girl with a fair complexion with a scowl on her face "Well?!"

" Scowling fucks up your face, just for your information, not that it could get much worse." I said with a dark smile on my face. I got up and walked away hearing her friends comfort her.

" Who do you think you are!?" Chtistine said slamming her skinny body into my back." I have had it!" I thought to myself. "I don't think anyone would mind if she died myesteriously, maybe her stupid friends, if that..."I thought.

" You know, fucking with a Vampire is a sad mistake Christine!" I bared my fangs and grabbed her arm and threw her down the stairs, I heard the crack of her skull and my blood lust was satisfied. I walked away surprised no one was around. Then I saw a red headed boy running down the steps, I caught his scent and immediately recognized him as a vampire. I quickly rushed to my next class and went straight home after the final bell rang.

I ran home with all my speed through the woods until I arrived at my house. I opened the door and set my things down. I walked into the living room and saw Clifford with his 'thinking' face.

"Clifford?" I asked, seeing his head snap up to look at me. He smiled half heartedly and spoke.

"Ione, I think it's time we have a talk..."