Chapter 9: Zombie Apocalypse

----------that night-----------

"Erik. Erik, wake up." I heard a voice as I was starting to wake up. "Wake up, Erik!" I got shaken awake.

"Wha?" I asked as I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I saw Stella standing at my bedside. "Stella? What're you doing here?"

"It's an emergency." Then, Enzi walked in with a tired-looking Curtis.

"This had better be important." He said.

"What you humans call the Zombie Apocalypse is happening." All the leftover sleep disappeared from my eyes as they went wide, as did Curtis'.

"...You're not shitting us, are you?"

"If you don't believe us, look out the window." We both ran to the window to see it. There were zombies walking the streets.

"Is this a dream?" I asked, then pinched myself as hard as I could. Nope, the zombies were still there.

"It's finally happening!" Curtis exclaimed excitedly.

"Why is this good?" Enzi asked.

"We've been waiting our whole lives for this day to come." I explained. "We got everything we'll ever need for this." We lead the girls to our vault in our basement where we have all our weapons. Curtis entered the combination and opened the vault, showing our vast collection of weapons. Curtis chose the chainsaw and I got my axe. "Do you need any weapons?"

"I do." Enzi answered.

"Well, pick which ever you want." Curtis told her. She chose a sword. "What about you, Stella?"

"I have my own weapons." She answered.

"You mean your claws?"

"No, I have my own tomahawks. If I use my claws on them, I have a greater chance of getting bitten." Good point. "Plus I can electrocute them and burn their remains."

"You guys ready?" Curtis asked. We all nodded. "Let's go." Curtis and I ran outside and started killing zombies, Stella and Enzi following us.

It was really fun, to be honest.

Soon, Voltaire came running down the street.

"Are you guys okay?!" He asked us.

"Yes, we're fine." Stella answered.

"We need to get to higher ground!" Curtis exclaimed.

"What about Stella's mountain?" Enzi asked.

"It's as good a place as any!" I agreed.

"Let's go!" Stella said, then transformed into a Thunderbird. Voltaire became a crow and once the rest of us were on her back, Stella flew to her cave. We got off and Stella went back to her human form. Voltaire had followed us and became human again.

"Why's this happening?"

"Sister!" We all turned around and Dakota came into the cave.

"Dakota, where's Father?"

"He's fine, but these creatures are everywhere. What do we do?"

"They're just gonna keep on killing until everyone's dead or they're all zombies." Curtis stated.

"What do we do?" I asked. "Just go around the world, killing every zombie we can find?"

"I don't know." Stella answered. "There has to be a way to stop this."

"There is." Wahmenitu walked in the cave with a dead-serious look on his face.

"Father?" Dakota asked.