12. Peek from the sweet past III

<FLASHBACK>

"Hey..."

I saw him right in front of me standing as I opened the door. Rey, the boy I met on the other side of my comfort zone's wall. He was smiling na parang tuwang tuwa sa mga nangyayari. He's not particularly very eye catching, he looks like your normal student.

"So you're Danine huh."

"And you must me Rey."

"Yes. Nice seeing you for the first time Danine after 1 year of friendship."

I'm such an idiot rushing to this place without knowing what to say. Wait, what am I saying? I am Danine. I am the one and only person on earth who shouldn't be insecure with anything.

"So you're leaving huh? To where?"

He extended his hand like a real gentleman meeting his precious person. He chuckled, looking straight at my eyes. This is the first time I'm returning a stare for a long time to a boy, di ko alam ang gagawin ko I feel captivated and in that very moment I know for a fact that I'm blushing.

"Ang pangit naman ng simula natin pag ganito, since this is my first time meeting you Miss Danine, why not let's start over?"

"Huh?"

"Hello, I am Rey. And you are?"

"Are you crazy or what?" Sinusubukan kong hindi ngumiti pero I'm having such a hard time doing it right now.

"Danine you say?"

This is crazy. So crazy that I can't stop smiling.

"Yes. My name is Danine."

"My pleasure to meet such a pretty young lady."

Natawa na ako ng tuluyan sa sinabi nya. Naiinis ako sa sarili ko, I should not feel so flattered that I can't even keep a straight face to this guy. He's not that good looking or whatever, he's just some boy like everyone else, worse is he's wearing braces. I hate that thing. Lousy hairstyle and he's somewhat a smiling machine.

"You don't expect me to return such words to you right?"

"Aray. Ganon ba ako kapangit Miss Danine? That's rude!"

"Wala akong sinasabing ganon. Anyway, where are you going?

"Hmm?"

"I'm not gonna repeat myself."

"Nah, I'm not going anywhere, I was just teasing you. And hey, worth the risk, you actually showed up!"

This boy... Why am I feeling so relieved?

"You're my first friend in this place so I would like to see you atleast, please please don't get mad at me!"

Para naman syang pusa ngayon. At least he can play cute.

"I'm not mad." Sabi ko sakanya with this freakin smile in my face. "Let's meet some other time."

....

...

..

.

He just doesn't shut up and kept following me. We're now on my [our] way to the canteen. Para syang asong nakasunod sa akin. I'm quite surprised that I don't even mind.

"Or maybe-"

"DANINE!" Gulat na gulat na lumapit sakin si Myra with the other girls. They were looking at me like who-the-hell-is-that-peson-beside-you.