S-Class Part 1

An update- I hope you enjoy!

I woke up two days later with a pounding headache and a parched throat. The bright sun was shining through the closed white curtains, but that only intensified the brightness. Turning my sore neck away from the light and cracked my eyes open a slit and came nose to fur.

I jolted and sat in in a hurry, now wide awake, and found myself in my bed that I rarely liked sleeping in. I gasped for breath and looked around the apartment in fear. I didn't remember coming home or getting into bed; I didn't recall even leaving the Guild. The last thing I distinctly remember was scolding Ginge for something that angered me.

I dismissed the thought of how I came here and pulled the covers off my legs to find myself still fully clothed in my everyday wear of blue dress, simple flat, black shoes and red gloves. I sighed and looked around the sun bathed room to see Chesha in a deep sleep beside my pillow and, unsurprisingly nowadays, Val and Ginge fast asleep on the dull blue couch across the room by the entrance to the bathroom.

I slid out of the bed and almost immediately collapsed. My legs felt like weak paper and fought against the weight that my upper body held. I let out a few shrill squeaks and spun my arms around

I grabbed hold of the seat that sat by the bed and sat back down. I began shaking my legs around and stretching them to alleviate the numbness.

"I'm sorry, Arisu." A squeak of a voice sounded from my bed where a disheveled Chesha sat rubbing his eyes to wipe out both tiredness and tears. "Your magic energy depleted fast and I realized it almost too late. It's my fault you almost died!"

"Wha-" I started but then I was attacked by Chesha leaping himself onto me and hugging me for dear life. He started crying and I patted him softly on his back to soothe him.

"I didn't know what to do when you collapsed! You were so heavy for me to lift, but I couldn't leave you to get help because your magic drained almost as fast as I could give it to you!" Chesha admitted into my chest as he snuggled closer to cry. "I'm sorry, but when Val and Ginge came to help, I had to tell them about your sickness!"

In that second I stopped patting Chesha and remembered what happened. I saw something I knew from my past, but I wasn't able to really grasp what it was. All I had was a bit of that strange vision that could be a memory, but most of the vision was a blank to me now.

"Shh, Chesha. It's alright. We both knew we couldn't hold that secret forever." I soothed started petting him on the back of his neck. The only part I didn't like was that the people who knew about my sickness were Val and Ginge, but hopefully they don't become overbearing. "And it's definitely not your fault, so don't you dare think that. It was my fault for my magic drain. I became scared and you know how that rapidly depletes my magic."

Chesha sniffled but said no more as he continued to cry. All I could do was take that as an acknowledgement and continue to pet him, thinking about what to tell Val and Ginge when they woke up.

~~~

As I walked as casually as I could into the guild and entered the dark building a week later, and I was greeted by an odd sight. There was no people at the bar, not even Mako, and there was no one at any of the scattered tables. But up ahead, right beside the job board, was where Chesha and I found almost everyone in Phantom Lord whispering excitedly at each other. A few were jumping happily, most stood around talking to each other, and a few looked sour and glared at the happier people. But for once in the time We've been here, I couldn't recall a time were no fighting.

"What's wrong with everyone?" Chesha whispered worriedly in my ear. "I wanna know."

"How should I know?" I muttered a reply back to Chesha and then made my way over to the commotion.