Sprint - Chapter 3

SEVEN HOURS LATER.

Derek is walking down the unknown building's corridor with his Father.

"Why am I here? What am I to you?" Derek asks his Father.

"I need you for something big." replies the tall man.

Derek stops walking. 

"Where are we anyway?" Derek questions.

"This is a top secret location. This is the Headquarters of the Rebels." Derek's father explains.

"The rebels?! Against what?" Derek asks, confused.

His father stops walking and turns around, making full eye contact with Derek.

"You know exactly what. The thing we are all scared of." Derek's Father snorts.

"The Government?" Derek mockingly replies.

Derek laughs out loud. "THE GOVERNMENT? YOU'RE SCARED OF SOME GROUP OF PEOPLE?" Derek screams in laughter.

His father tuts and shakes his head.

"Derek, we have ALOT to talk about." the black-haired man insists.

Derek and his father walk to a small room. It seems to Derek as an Interrogation room.

There is a small table in the centre. Two chairs on each side. There is dry blood on the wooden table, a sign you should not mess with Derek's father. 

"Dad? Is that.... blood?" Derek mutters, slowly.

"Obviously." his Dad replies, in a cold-hearted manner.

Derek steps backwards slowly, as if he had just seen murder right before his eyes. He is about to turn and run out of this room, out of this house, and run for the hills. But, he realises the door is locked. He turns, looks at his terrifying father and says "What are you?".

His father simply replies: "A man who gets what he wants." in a gloomy voice.

"I know what I want. I want YOU to help me."

"Help you do what....?" Derek complies. 

"Defeat Operation Oxygen. To do this you must achieve your destiny. You will become...                       A FREERUNNER!" Derek's father shouts across the room, holding his arms in the air to celebrate.

And thats exactly what happened.....