Sprint - Chapter 5

The Next Day...

The lights switch on, flashing until they stay lit. The room is brightened, Derek is laying on a mattress, asleep.

The door bursts open, making Derek jump up in surprise, waking him entirely and the light's brightness virtually set fire to Derek's pupils, before they adjust to the brightness. 

A man is stood at the end of the corridor, where the door is. He wears a black helmet with a camouflage mask. His torso is covered in armor and it clearly says "WBPD" (Which stands for "Westbridge Police Department"). Derek stares at the figure. The figure seems to have a gun of some sorts. He points it at Derek, while approaching him carefully. The man gets some handcuffs out and walks behind Derek. He grabs Derek's arms and shoves them behind Derek's back, tying them together with the shiny metal handcuffs. Derek stands there, astonished by the entire event. He is in shock and cannot move.

Suddenly, a glass smashing sound originates from the ceiling, a voice grunting is heard. The man looks up, distracted by the noise. While he is looking up, the man collapses to the floor. Derek flips around, looking to see what happened. All that stands there is Mitch, Derek's father. The man is lying there, not moving at all, but obviously breathing. Mitch bends down and grabs the man's gun. He picks it up, shakes his head and tuts, then throws the gun away into a corner. The gun slides across the floor and hits the wall.

The man on the floor gets up, laughing. Mitch starts laughing too. The man was a decoy.....

Derek stands there, motionless. He is puzzled about the past 4 minutes. The two men are laughing out loud, obviously having a good time. Then the laughing stops, Mitch and the man stand there, staring at Derek.

"What the hell?" Derek echoes across the room.

"Derek, that was a warm-up. You were horrible. Meet Dominic Macross. Another member of the Rebellion. He is one of the leaders of the group." Mitch explains.

Dominic walks towards Derek and takes the camo mask off.

"Hello, nice to meet you. Derek." softly says Dominic, shaking Derek's hands after uncuffing them.

"Er, well,  hello? Dominic...." Derek replies.

"Please, I like Dom." Dominic insists.

"Sure..." Derek groans.

"So, anybody wanna go eat? McDonalds?" Mitch asks.

"Sure." they both reply.

They both walk out of the door, slamming it behind them.

The lights stay on.