Sprint - Chapter 4

Dummies. Derek is hitting them like a Pinata. He rips the material open with his crowbar, like a teddy bear getting dissected. The cloth inside bursts out of the dummy, filling the room. 

"Impressive." comments Derek's father.

"Thanks, Dad." replies Derek, smiling.

 "Call me Mitch." Derek's father tells him.

"Mitch Webb, ey?" Derek asks himself. 

"Mitch Webb." He repeats again.

"I like it."

"Er, thanks?" says Mitch, puzzled at the compliment. He just shrugs and puts on a new subject.

"Anyway, you can show good combat skills. But if they fail, how do you escape?" Mitch questions Derek.

"Well, first off you run, then you hid-" Derek cheekily replies, getting interrupted by Mitch.

"Shut up, cocky. You freerun." Mitch interrupts.

"You what?" Derek says, confused.

"Freerun." Mitch repeats.

"F-R-E-E-R-U-N" Mitch spells out, returning the cheek back to Derek.

"I get it! But what the hell is that?" Derek questions.

"First you have to become a true freerunner. But a freerunner is a person that well, can climb buildings and well, any single piece of climbable object in the world. They can jump, wallrun, front/backflip, but to do all that.... They need to be able to Sprint as fast as lightning." Mitch replies, before walking away through the back door, shouting "SEE YOU TOMORROW, DEREK!".

The door slams shut. The lights turn out. 

Blackness.