Sprint - Chapter 1

As Derek put his pen down onto his computer desk, he heard a loud bang on his House's front door.

"Hey! Anyone in there?" a voice bellows from outside.

Derek looks at the door confused. He slowly walks towards the window to see who it is.

When he looks outside the window, nobody is at the door. He walks backwards awkwardly as if he was hearing things. Then suddenly, he hears the floor creak. He swings around using his fast reactions to sound and there is a man there, with a small tattoo on his hand saying "Freedom".

The man is around 6ft high and looks in his mid-20s. Derek charges towards the man, curling his fist into a ball, ready to leap on the stranger and interrogate him to find out his identity.

But the stranger throws some sort of object on the ground and it releases a blinding puff of smoke quickly. Derek runs through the smoke and the stranger is gone. Derek turns to look for him, but to his surprise the man was right behind him and he throws his hard fist at Derek, hitting him right in the jaw, creating a deadly impact.

Derek slowly falls to the ground, hitting the back of his skull on the hard, wooden tiled floor. He lays there, his eyelids slowly closing.