{08} When the Dragon's Shot Down

Super sorry for the long wait. Will try to update often.

I run over the rooftops, Casey a few footsteps behind me. It's another night, which means another patrol, which means another dragon hunt. A Leo hunt. Although they don't know it.

I glance back at him as both our phones project Raphael's voice.

"No sign of it over here so far," he says.

Michelangelo had lost another bet with Raphael earlier in the day, which meant he had to go with him during the search again. Donatello, of course, had taken April again. That left me and Casey-although I was thankful. Michelangelo is a challenge to get away from, since he doesn't know my secret.

Casey stops, and so do I. We glance at each other, and I nod.

"Woah!" Casey yelps. "Casey Jones can see it! Wait, it's out of view. Not sure which direction it went in."

I smile a little. He's actually good at making up these lies when he wants to be.

"Alright," I add on. "We're going to split up briefly. Don't worry. We won't engage it. Won't we, Casey?" I say, changing my tone a little.

"Casey Jones makes no such promises," Casey says, smirking, not only at the sentence he's just said.

Casey puts his phone away and I begin transforming into my dragon form. In no less than three seconds, I'm nodding a quick 'goodbye' to Casey and taking off into the air.

The city looks so beautiful at night, I must admit. All the lights, the laughs and soft murmurings, the odd lot of decorations around homes and shops. It's all I've even known and I think it's beautiful.

Twisting my body around, I begin to fly in Michelangelo and Raphael's direction. It isn't a very long flight, since I have decided to fly at top speed tonight. I dive down once I can hear them exclaiming they've seen me, skimming the tip of my wing on the rooftop before flying way to Donatello and April. Two darts fly by, and I shiver, glad they didn't embed somewhere that isn't covered in scales-a small part of my tail, all of my wings and half of my ears are the only places that aren't covered in scales.

Again, it doesn't take long to find Donatello and April.

My younger brother and the kunoichi in training are running across the rooftops.

April has one hand on a dart gun while the other is on the side of her head. I hear her murmur, "I think I can sense it."

She glances behind her and sees me.

"There it is!"

I fly a loop-the-loop before flying right past them.

Donatello aims carefully watching my movements, before pulling the trigger.

It flies through the air and successfully hits its target.

Me.

The tip hits my left wing, and I begin to feel a drowsy feeling run through me as I begin to dip and tilt, still in the air.

April and Donatello run towards me, speaking into their phones.

"Guys! Guys, get over here! We darted the dragon!"

I crash land on a rooftop but still stand up shakily. Panicked, my dragon instincts cause me to breathe fire, ice and water at April and Donatello in one breath, switching between the three.

They circle me, aiming their dart guns at me incase I make a run for it-which I can't really do. Sleepiness continues to crash over me, and I fight to stay awake as Raphael and Michelangelo arrive, and then, finally, Casey.

"Where's Leo?" Raph asks.

Oh, I'm right here.

Casey thinks fast and says, "He's going to be here in a few minutes. He's still over in our area from when we split up."

"Okay," Donatello says. "Tell him to just go back to the lair. I think we all got this covered."

"Okay."

"Now we need to hurry," Donatello says. "It'll be out long enough to only get back to the lab..."

Those are the last things I heard before the contents of the dart drags me into sleep.