Second Spell

"Morgiana!" Layali yelped excitedly with an elaborate box in her arms.  A similar one was in her friend's arms.  They were so excited to reveal their individual new shackles.

"Morgiana, Layali!" An equally excited voice called out to them.  They turned to meet Alibaba's golden eyes.  "Are those your shackles? Come on, let's see them!" He waved them over and the girls approached him and Aladdin, both tired from training.

Morgiana opened hers first, revealing shining silver cuffs with elaborate designs inscribed.  They each had a red gem and petite chains.

"Put them on, put them on!" Aladdin cheered as Morgiana slid them around her ankles.  Unsure of what to do with the chains, she loosely wrapped them around her legs.  She lifted her leg to examine the new shining cuffs.

"Wow, they don't even look like chains anymore." Alibaba gaped.  "They look like the kind of jewelry that a dancer would wear."

"Come on, try them on!" The small boy continued to pry.  Cautiously, Morgiana flicked her leg, sending the chains in an uncontrollable direction, entangling her three friends.

"I'm sorry!" The Fanalis girl squealed apologetically, removing the cuffs from her ankles.  "I guess I'll just figure out how to use them..." She then placed the Vessel into the elaborate box again.

And now, it was Layali's turn.  She wondered what hers would look like since she hadn't given the craftsman her ankle shackles, but she had her wrist cuffs transformed instead.  When she opened her box, it was as if she wasn't even looking at the same objects that bound her wrists for years.

The old, stained shackles had become shining silver bracelets, imprinted with elaborate designs and turquoise and violet gems.  Like, Morgiana's, there were tiny chains attached to the cuffs, but they weren't nearly as long.  Layali slid the bracelets onto her wrists, and the chains comfortably slid onto each of her fingers.  She wasn't sure what they would do for her healing magic, but they were sure pretty.

"They're perfect for you, Layali!" Alibaba beamed, causing the girl's cheeks to redden slightly.  She wasn't sure why, but all compliments made her heart flutter.  

"Thank you." Layali mumbled quietly.

"I'm so happy for you two!" Aladdin continued to exclaim as he clumsily approached Layali and Morgiana.  However, he was interrupted by a particularly insecure prince.

"Hello young Magi, Alibaba Saluja, Morgiana, and Layali." All four of them turned to face an irritable Kougyoku and slightly embarrassed Hakuryuu.

"Hello again, Hakuryuu." Layali smiled, remembering the promise she made to herself.

"Under King Sindbad's instruction, I am to spend time with you four and learn alongside you, if you are alright with that." Hakuryuu was bowed before them.  No one had met such a humble prince.

The four friends exchanged a glance before addressing him.  "Sure." Alibaba just shrugged it off as if the topic wasn't necessarily important.  He had almost chuckled at Hakuryuu's actions.

"Thank you very much!" Hakuryuu exclaimed as he raised his head.  Yet again, Layali's violet eyes met his icy gaze, but she averted her eyes quickly out of embarrassment.  Though, it wasn't as quickly as she had thought.  When she focused on what was going on around her, Morgiana and Aladdin were yelling Alibaba's name.

"Alibaba! Alibaba, wake up!" The blue-haired boy's childish shouts couldn't force Alibaba's golden eyes to open as beads of sweat slid down his forehead.  A bruise-like mark began to crawl up his neck and jaw.  "Layali, can you use your magic?!" He cried nervously, tears filling his eyes.