Eighth Spell

All five travelers were solidified as friends once again, enjoying their time spent on the wooden ship together.  After a few nights, Hakuryuu managed to get used to sleeping on the hammock next to Layali's, though he was still reather embarrassed, and that wouldn't change.

Layali strayed onto the crow's nest, the highest point of the ship to watch the sun set and clearly see the sparkling stars when it did so.  The wind was much stronger there, but she did enjoy hearing it whistle in her ears and toss her hair around.  The way that the salty air kissed her cheeks felt really nice as well.  And even though she loved her friends dearly, it was nice to have some peace and quiet.

"Ah!" She heard a noise from below her, only to see Hakuryuu nearly fall down the ladder reaching the wooden platform she was on.  The girl laughed slightly and reached out her hand for him to take.  She smiled and pushed a few strands of dark red hair behind her ear.

Hakuryuu blushed as he took her hand and she pulled him onto the crow's nest with her.  But Layali tugged a bit to hard as she was pushed to the outer edge, leaning over the barrier with the Prince's hands on either side of her.

Both of them paused as the blush continued to grow.

"Hey, Alibaba, Mor, look up there." Aladdin whispered from the top of the deck.  "The rukh up there is all pink!"

Morgiana and Alibaba exchanged a look and chuckled softly, making sure that the two in the crow's nest wouldn't hear them.  "They definitely like each other."

Aladdin released a devious laugh.

Meanwhile, Hakuryuu tried to back up, but the post of the main mast was too close, so he was only able to back up enough for Layali to turn around and face the sea again.  In fact, the crow's nest was hardly large enough for one person, and two just tested the barrier's limits.

Despite the awkward contact, Layali smiled, with Hakuryuu standing behind her.  She could feel his body heat, and it was nice in the cool, evening air.

"It's really pretty." The girl whispered as the clouds absorbed pink, yellow, and orange colors.

"Yeah..."

A sweet silence overcame the two as the sun disappeared beyond the waves of the horizon.  The orange also dissolved into hues of dark blue and violet, even darker than Layali's eyes.   And one by one, the stars began to glow.

Layali then felt strong arms wrap around her shoulders, pulling her closer to Hakuryuu's taller body.  She felt his breath on her ear, and the growing heat on his cheeks.  But, it was very possible that the heat was from her own face instead of his.

"Hakury -" She began to speak, but was interrupted.

"Sh... This is comfortable." Hakuryuu said softly, in a whispering tone.

Layali didn't respond, only smiled kindly.  He was right.  She just hoped that none of the other's would see them like this because she knew that they wouldn't let them live this down.

Nonetheless, they stayed like that for hours.  Eventually, they sat down, with Layali still in Hakuryuu's protective embrace.  She hadn't seen his face the entire time, but she knew that he was just as happy as she was.

This comfort eventually lulled both Layali and Hakuryuu to sleep.

~*~*~*~

The sun stretching over the horizon and lighting the sky awoke the two travelers.  When Hakuryuu realized how he was holding the smaller girl, he released his arms frantically and stood to his feet.

"Ah! I'm so very sorry!" He bowed.

Layali laughed softly.  "It's alright.  If I didn't like that, I would've told you to let go." Her blunt comment increased the blush on the young Prince's cheeks.  When they slid down the ladder to the deck, Aladdin, Alibaba, and Morgiana were waiting.