Sixth Spell

"You called for me, Lady Yamraiha?" Layali cautiously pushed open the door to the beautiful magician's office.

"Oh, yes! Layali, please come in." Yamraiha beckoned her to proceed.  "I had something important to discuss with you." She gestured for the younger girl to sit on a plush chair across from her.

"I heard many stories from Aladdin.  Apparently, you are quite the healing mage." She opened her brilliant deep blue eyes.

Layali's face grew red and she averted her violet gaze humbly.  "I-I'm really not that great..." She mumbled quietly.

"Oh, there's no need to be so humble.  From what I heard, without you, Morgiana wouldn't have survived." Yamraiha pushed a small cup of tea towards the red-haired girl.

"I'm sure she would have..." She continued to feel insecure.

"But that, in particular, is not what I wanted to discuss." The woman's expression became serious.  "Have you considered what you plan to do in the future?"

"What do you mean?" Layali finally met her deep gaze.

"Do you plan to further your healing talents?"

The ex-slave blinked for a moment.  "I honestly do not know... I've relied on Aladdin and the others thus far."

"I recommend studying at the magician school of Magnostadt.  There, the have a fantastic program specifically designed for healing mages."  Yamraiha informed with a soft smile.

"I don't know..."

"If you would like to become a better mage than you already are, this is the way to do so."

Layali didn't respond.  She was thinking of the situation too deeply.

"I have had a similar conversation with Aladdin, yet he would not be enrolled in the same program, being that you are exclusively a healing mage."

"Please, allow me to think about it." Layali asked.

"Oh no, it's not my place to make you go." Yamraiha raised her hands.  "I was merely trying to inform you of your options for your future."

The younger girl smiled, per usual.  "Thank you, Lady Yamraiha.  I will definitely consider it." 

"That's good to hear." The magician smiled sweetly.  "Now, can you please take these cups back to the kitchen?"

Layali nodded and left the room, both teacups in her delicate hands.

When she reached the hallway, she paused behind a pillar to overhear the voices of her companions.

"Hakuryuu, is it true that you're leaving soon?" Alibaba's voice echoed.  From what Layali was able to see, Morgiana was beside him.

Hakuryuu gave a stern nod.  "Yes.  I will be returning to the Kou Empire by ship in a week."

The sound of shattering glass caught everyone's attention.  Layali jumped when she heard the sound herself, the sound of the two teacups falling to the granite flooring.

"Layali?" Morgiana said in a questioning tone.

"Oh, I'm sorry." The girl kneeled and scooped the shards into her hand, cutting them multiple times in the process.  She used her thick red hair to shield her eyes.  She knew that if anyone saw them, they would see how upset she was.

However, she wasn't exactly sure why she was so upset upon hearing this news.  All she knew is that she didn't want anyone to know.

Layali stood to her feet again and briskly walked down the corridor.  Hakuryuu held out a hand to grab onto her arm, but he was too late.  "Layali..." He said quietly and chased after her.