Fifth Spell

"Please, let me help." Layali spoke.  Her voice was pained as droplets of water fell from her eyes.

"That's right..." Hakuryuu mumbled as the girl slid beside Alibaba who was holding Morgiana's injured body.

"I-I can definitely try my best.  But, I'm not sure I will be able to restore all of her magoi." The dark red-haired girl furrowed her brows in concentration.

As the purple-colored magic flowed from Layali's fingertips, the bruises that imprinted Morgiana's skin began to fade and the blood covering her face and neck dissolved.  Her flesh returned to a normal, healthier tone and her breathing steadied.  The healer could feel the magoi she used slipping from her body into her friend's.

She was finally useful.

Morgiana had not woken up, as she was still exhausted, but the group was assured her safety.  Layali, on the other hand, began to sway with dizziness.

"Layali, are you alright?" Hakuryuu asked with concern as the girl's vision became blurry.  She had used too much of her magoi as well, being that she had just practically healed someone from certain death.

"... Head hurts... a bit..." Her words were forced as she slumped onto the Prince's shoulder.  She felt a protective hand wrap around her thin waist before she slipped into unconsciousness.

~*~*~*~

Layali's eyes fluttered open as she took a deep breath.  She was greeted with shining pottery and jewels.  She sat upright and examined her surroundings further.  Morgiana was lying beside her, still asleep.  And on the other side of her, the girl that the evil Zagan captured and held hostage was staring at her with large brown eyes.

"Where are we?" Layali asked nervously.

"Mr. Hakuryuu said it was called the 'Treasure Room.'" The little girl said.

"Where is he now?"

"He's out there." She pointed through the sturdy looking doors of the room.  Layali stood and walked over to them.  "Wait! Miss, it's not safe!" She cried.

The girl turned back to the child and smiled.  "That's why they may need me." With that, she walked through the golden doors and shut them behind her.

Layali rushed to the edge of the balcony before her, overlooking a battlefield-type area.  Inside, Aladdin, Alibaba, and Hakuryuu were all fighting three people.  One was a strange-looking man wearing armor.  When he moved, it looked as though he were floating instead of running.  Another was a woman clad in dark, revealing armor.  She seemed to have a particularly dark and eerie aura surrounding her.

The last person was the same person who invaded Sindria and cursed Alibaba and King Sinbad.

Steam enveloped the center of the arena from a spell Aladdin used.  This shielded Alibaba, Hakuryuu, and the swordsman enemy from view.

And then, Layali heard Hakuryuu's gut-wrenching scream.

"Hakuryuu!" She cried and ran down to the battlefield.  His head lifted from the ground.  Pain was expressed in every area of his body.  Blood was seeping into a large pool around his body.  Only now, Layali could see that his arm had been cleanly cut off.

The girl crouched beside Hakuryuu.  He looked at her with a worried frown.  "Get away from here, Layali.  It's not safe!"

"Let me heal you!" She yelled and placed her delicate hands on his shoulder and back.  She couldn't stop the tears from falling from her eyes.

Then, blackened blades began to fall from the sky.  Horror filled the girl's violet gaze.

And she was swept from her feet and led to a momentarily safe position, watching the pointed swords pierce the stone ground.  Once the demonic woman's attack was completed, Aladdin revealed them, displaying his light diffracting magic.