First chapter : How it all started

Author’s note: This chapter is edited :)

Two different worlds

First chapter: How it all started

-Samantha’s point of view-

If I was asked to describe myself, I would say that the only adjective that would absolutely suit me would be nobody, I was a nobody; yes, Samantha Clark was a nobody. At school, well I wasn't exactly known, I was bullied at times, I was asked for help in homework or even exams sometimes seeing as I constantly got good grades, but as I stated before I was a nobody. I only had one friend named Haley, whom meant the world to me and a loving mother that I loved to death and… Or you’ll get to figure that out on your own. But even though I was a nobody, I was quite fond of my life, well I hated some days of my life, however I am quite happy of how my life turned out to be.

I stared up at my bedroom’s peach coloured ceiling. The shuffling down stairs broke me out of my thoughts; it was probably my mother already preparing breakfast. I decided on joining her. “Ow!” A cry of pain left my lips as I fell smacking my head right on the corner of the bed. Clumsiness unfortunately has been my best friend since the first day I started walking. I managed to stand up, rubbing the throbbing side of my head, which was a stupid move of my side as it has made the pain increase. I hurried to the bathroom to check it out, and there it was, a red puffy mark that was daring me to touch it. I groaned in annoyance, that side of my face now resembled Hell Boy’s. Therefore, I figured that it would be a better idea to hide my face and skip school.

“Mom!” I yelled as I practically ran down the stairs and headed to the kitchen where she was. Rachel wasn't there; well maybe I had some luck. I assumed she was already in the parking lot, meeting up with a boyfriend or a bunch of friends.

“Good Morning my dear,” my mother greeted. “Did you sleep we—” She lifted her head from the pan where she was frying some eggs and bacon. “Sam is there something on your forehead? Come here let me see it up closer,” she walked to me eyeing it. “Oh my god, it looks awful. It looks red and puffy. What happened to you?” she asked me with a concerned and yet disgusted expression covering her face. I already figured that she’d react that way, knowing how easily disgusted she gets.

“Well…” I started off scratching the back of my neck awkwardly, I felt stupid retelling the story; I was so clumsy and inelegant that it gets extremely annoying at times. “I was coming to see you and well I tripped over my own foot falling and hitting my face on the corner of the bed. Ugh, it sounds so lame,” I expected her to come hug me and try to make me feel good about myself and the situation but as I looked up at her, I found her biting down her bottom lip trying to hold a laugh that threatened to get out. “Seriously, it’s not the perfect time for laughing mom.”

I felt her lips twitching and thought she might break down any time now, but she recomposed herself. “Do not worry yourself with stupid things, honey. I mean it’s not that visible, so I am pretty sure nobody will notice it.”

“Really? You really thought I was going to school, heck that’d be stupid from my side. I’m sticking to your side today, I won’t leave the house for the day,” I told her cheerfully. “So… When you get back from work, exhausted and sleepy, you’ll find the house cleaned, the dinner cooked and everything being perfect.”

She paused for a moment, thinking about my indirect tempting deal. “Although, that arrangement is quite alluring, but it will not do you any good. Unfortunately for you, you won’t be skipping school for such a stupid reason. You already now missing out on school, is a no-no my dear, so stop trying.” I tried to object, but she soon cut me off. “I already told you, it is not visible, believe me my sweetheart. I need to go to work now. Bye, be careful not to fall again.” She teased as she kissed the top of my head and grabbed her jacked making her way out of the house.