Braided Hair

A ten-year-old girl had been wearing her braids for a very long time. Her mother told her that if she kept her hair in that hairstyle overnight and washed it in a special sugar-water, it would look even better in the morning. She said that's what she had done when she was little, and her mother had done it, too. However, the girl never took the braids down. She kept her hair the same way, every day and every night.

She kept her braids for several months, her mother never taking them down to wash.

The girl began complaining to her mother about a terrible headache. She insisted there was a strange feeling spreading through her head for days. 

Yet still the mother brushed her daughter's concerns away. One morning before school, the child again complained to her mother about the painful headache. The mother ignored her complaints and sent her to school. When the girl arrived, she told her teacher about her head hurting. The teacher, assuming that the braids were too tight, attempted to loosen them by letting them down.

When she let the braids loose after so long, the teacher discovered a spider in the child's hair.

Over time, the spider had laid eggs in between the girl's hair. Now, the the spiders were eating her scalp. She was immediately rushed to the hospital and placed in intensive care, yet it was too late to manage. She died in the hospital not too long after.

-

Source Adapted From: Multiple