Chapter 3

( Not Edited )

It was almost time for me to meet Sophie so I started to get ready. Once I was finished I walked downstairs to the living room.

I knew I wouldn't see anyone in there considering Mr. Wilson was at work and Angela was picking up Sophie from school.

I started flipping through the channels on tv till I found something to keep me occupied.

After awhile I heard the door unlock and feet running towards the room I'm in.

"Where is she? I can't see her! Mom!" I heard the cutest little voice whine.

I stood up and walked to where I heard the voices. Once I come into view I hear a tiny gasp and feel little arms wrap around my legs.

"Wow Mom she's so pretty" Sophie says

I bend down to her height and smile at her.

"Hi Sophie, My name is Emily."

" Hi Emily I'm Sophie. Oh wait you already know that" she giggled.

I laughed slightly shaking my head. "How old are you?"

"I'm four, but I'm five real soon." She said while giving me a toothy grin.

All of the sudden her smile gets even wider as she dashed past me to something else.

"Cole!" Sophie squealed.

I turned around and I saw Cole smile and picked up Sophie.

"I'm mad at you Sophie," He started, "You didn't give me a kiss goodbye this morning."

Sophie's eyes widened and she gasped at her brother. " Are you sure? I swear I did."

"Nope you didn't. I started crying right after you left." He pouted

Suddenly Sophie's eyes started to get glossy.

"Awe I'm sorry Cole! I didn't mean to make you cry I forgot. I love you I swear!!!" Sophie said crying.

My eyes widened as Sophie cried. Cole swore softly, "Soph I was just joking. You didn't make me cry."

"You promise?"

"I promised." He finished. Cole kissed Sophie's forehead and set her down. He looked at me and glared.

"Do you just like staring at me?" Cole scowled

I looked down and blushed. "Sorry."

He scoffed then walked into the kitchen.

Sophie looked at me and smiled. "So what are we gonna do?"

"Well," I bent down and looked at her, "Wanna go to the park?"

She nodded

"Can we bring Cole?"

I stopped to think for a second. Would he even want to go? I mean it doesn't seem like something he would do, but then again I don't know him.

"Um, sure if he says yes."

She jumped up and down and ran into the kitchen. I stood there for around 2 minutes until I saw a happy Sophie and a grumbling Cole walking to me.

He glared at me. "Let's go then. Try not to get on my nerves."

I watched him take Sophie's hand and walk past me out the door.

Grabbing my shoes I quickly followed them.

"Hey, let's stop for ice cream while we are right here." I suggested

Sophie eyes brightened. "Can we? Can we Cole? Please!"

Cole shrugged, "I mean I gue-"

Sophie squealed interrupting Cole.

-

I looked through the choices of ice cream until I figured out which one I wanted.

"You guys know what you want?" I smiled at them

"Yeah, I want the chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream." Sophie said

Cole nodded as the server asked us what we wanted.

"I want the mint chip ice cream please." I said looking at the waiter.

He smiled at me and winked. "Alright sounds good. And for you sir?"

I looked over at Cole to see him glaring at the waiter.

"Vanilla" He said simply

"I want the cookie dough ice cream with little cute sprinkles on it." Sophie told him.

"Alright I'll be right back with everything." The waiter said as he turned to leave.

"Cole, you have a very boring choice of ice cream."  I said trying to start up conversation.

"Why are you talking to me again?" He snapped.

I sighed. I'm getting really sick of his attitude.

"You know, you don't have to be rude all the time. I'm just trying to be nice"

"I don't care what you are trying to do. I simply don't want you to. Clear?"

The waiter soon returned with all our ice cream. He set everyone's down but mine had a note on it.

He winked at me and walked away.

I opened the note: call me sometime 447-555-0129
Smiling I set the note down just to hear Cole scoff.

"Are you joking? How pathetic can someone get. Who writes notes anymore?" He grumbled.

Ignoring Cole I look over at Sophie enjoying her ice cream.

"Sophie you have it all over your face."

She giggled, " I got it." She then used her tongue to wipe around her lips.

"You know Sophie that didn't get it."

I grab some napkins and wipe her face as she squirms.

"Thanks."
-

Once we were done at the park it was around  6pm so we decided to head back and cook dinner  for Sophie.

I ended up cooking spaghetti while Cole went to his friends house or something. After we ate I put Sophie to sleep and sat on the couch to watch tv.

I heard the door open and loud laughing. Worried that Sophie will hear and wake up I decided to tell them to be quiet.

I walk over to the noise to see a drunk blonde girl and Cole walking in.

"Hey, could you please be quiet? Sophie is trying to sleep."

The blonde chick glared at me then turned to Cole. "You just gonna let her speak to me like that?"

Cole shook his head and looked at me. "Listen maid, you have no right to talk to anyone I bring home like that. After all you are just the help."

And with that he walked up to his room with the blonde leaving me completely shocked
-

Hey guysssss. I'm super happy you guys actually like my story so now I'm going to update moreee. ❤️😬