°chapter 10

⋊ ━━━━━━━━

the next day;

i exited the building of my department and went to the nearest park, planning on having lunch with dohee there. while heading to my destination, i saw minhyuk who was hanging out with his friends.

he noticed me and made an eye contact while sending a smile to each other.

i continued to walk and without me knowing, minhyuk had already left his friends and decided to walk with me. he light tapped on my shoulder, making me jumped because it was unexpected of him to follow. "what are you doing here? shouldn't you be hanging out with them?"

"mhm, but can't i ditch them for once just to walk with you?" he made a puppy eyes which i couldn't resist.

"stop giving that look to me!" i replied while rolling my eyes and laughed.

"HARU~!!!"

a shouting voice who was calling out my name caught our attention which made both of us turned our head to the voice's direction

dohee was in my sight, waving her hands at me. i went up to her with minhyuk casually following beside me.

"oh? minhyuk? why are you with her?"

"AND WHY ARE YOU GUYS HOLDING HANDS??" she freaked out while pointing her index fingers to our hands direction. we just realized that and immediately let go.

minhyuk leaned in and whispered to me, "should we tell her?"

"i don't know, you decided"

"yah yah, what are you guys whispering about??"

he sighed, "we're going out... so i'm basically her boyfriend. officially"

hearing the news, dohee widened her eyes and choked on her own saliva.

"what?"

"y-yeah..." a chuckle escaped from my lips as i started nervously scratching at the back of my neck.

dohee grabbed my wrist, pulling me away from minhyuk (not that far).

"dude, you guys are really fucking going out??? like for real?"

i nodded and smiled sheepishly at her. she turned back up, facing towards minhyuk's direction. he was also very scared of dohee.

she then marched to him and grabbed him by his collar. "yah dohee! what are you doing??? don't be so harsh to him!"

"you. you better take care of my haru, you understand? if i see you make her sad..."

"i'll beat you up until you won't even know the meaning of life anymore"

"HEY I CAN HEAR YOU FROM HERE"

minhyuk who's never seen this side of dohee before, quickly nodding his little head out of fear, wanting to get out from this situation as soon as possible.

"great! let's have lunch together with us then" she immediately let go of his collar and act as if nothing just happened a freaking seconds ago. she pat his right shoulder before going back to her seat, taking out her lunch.

"i,,, never seen this side of her before" minhyuk stated in a lifeless tone.

"same"

☾☾☾

. . .

what even is this chapter?