Chapter 14: Dead Stars

Amethyst POV

My stomach is grumbling. I'm hungry. It's like a gigantic rock is on my stomach. I opened my eyes and it's so dark. Where am I? I look at my position. I am half-sitting, half-lying on the ground.

Someone is in my lap.I tried to look at him/her intently. Those blonde hair would never get me wrong. It's Connor I know. Why are we still here? Haven't we got back on the crib? 

"Eanna" I whispered to Adreanna at my side. I can see that she's still awake. I can see her rocking her hand back and forth, while in her earphones. But her eyes are still closed.

"Eanna" I called, louder this time and grab a bit of her hair. 

"Ouch!" she reacted and looked at me, annoyed. "Why do you need to do that dude?" she asked.

"I'm calling you for a hundred times" I answered back, annoyed as well. I'm hungry. 

"No, she just called you twice" answered  Connor who straightened himself. Maybe he felt my sudden movements that's why he'd been awaken. 

Adreanna narrowed her eyes unto me and I did the same to Connor.

"You fat lying idiot" Adreanna said and put her earphones back on.

"You're such a moron!" I said and hit Connor at his arm.

"What! I spare you from sinning!" he replied and chuckled. 

"Whatever!" I said and closed my eyes again. Now what! I'm still hungry. I feel a lurched on my stomach. And I believe Connor heard that too. 

"I didn't fart that's my stomach" I said because he's looking at me, wide-eyed.

"I didn't say you farted. You're very defensive!" Connor replied and laughed. 

"You're so judgmental" i said and looked at him intently. Can you stop laughing freak? You're being cute. Thank God, I didn't say that allowed.

"I think I need to find food.. for you.." he said and slowly get up. 

"Oh no! I can do it myself, really" i said and struggle to get up too. My wound doesn't hurt so much anymore that's why I can move around now.

"No, stay here, i can't afford to let you be harmed anymore" he said and smiled at me. 

What did he just say! I'm melting.

"No, i can manage" I replied and tried to walk.

Moments later, I can feel a grip on my hand. "You're so stubborn" he whispered while walking, keeping up with my fast phase.

"I just don't want to be taken care of" I replied and walk slowly for him to keep up. I look around for signs of something edible but to no success.

"Why?" he asked curiously, looking straight to my eyes. 

I was caught off guard by that question. I stammered. Look down the ground, thinking of an answer.

"I- I, I mean, for no apparent reason" I replied and stuttered. Don't know what to say. Can I say that I don't want to be taken care of like Nick did and then left me hanging. i feel the pain go back again, now I remember, few days more and we will face them once more. Can we win this time? Or we will still succumb to their  traps? A tear fell in my eye without my knowledge.