Chapter 17: Just unsweetened craziness

Riley's POV

"What?" she asked sternly, arms folded in front of her chest.

"What, what? " I asked her confused.

She slumped herself violently in the car seat. Why is she acting like this? I thought we are fine. Back in the forest, that starry starry night. It was just amazing. Amazing.

"Why the sudden change, Eanna?" I whispered. But I think it's not a whisper at all because I can feel her gaze now. I just glued my eyes on the road. I don't want to look at her. Maybe, I'll be in total damnation again. Assuming that we are coming into a mutual feeling. But then again, she changed plans again, I guess.

I thought she would react. That is Adreanna. She would never. Ever. Stop talking when asked to explain herself until proven her reason or point of view is the correct one. But now, all I heard is a deep sigh from her and nothing follows.

"I thought we're okay. Just fine." I mumbled again. Can you stop talking mouth!! It should have been inside my head only but you are messing it up.

I looked at her. She is looking outside the window. Her elbow resting on it. Earphones plugged in. Absolutely not minding anything coming out from my mouth.

Why you'd gotta be so rude, Adreanna.

"Since you are not listening and just paying attention to that stupid music in your playlist, I just wanna tell you that you are so mean. You are a heartless geek." I continued mumbling.

"How can you change this, "us" so easily? Did I hurt you? Did I make any mistakes? 'Cause I can't remember doing anything that would hurt you. Why would I hurt you, I lo- " I stopped halfway. What is the use of saying that aloud even if you know that she doesn't care. Not at all.

I stopped talking and just concentrated on driving. Even though it hurts so much. 

Can i just bumped this car? So we'll be together. FOREVER. 

"Hey" I uttered. 

No reply. 

"Eanna" I whispered. 

"What?" she replied. 

"Have you been listening?" I asked. 

"Nope" she replied slowly. 

"Sure?" I asked.

"Not a single word you uttered" she replied and look away. Hiding her face. 

I sighed. Thank God. "Why are you hiding your face?" 

"Nothing" she replied again, softly this time and there's something in her voice. It's like she's smiling.

"Are you smiling?" I said and bumped her shoulders with mine. 

"Can you just drive?" she replied again, still hiding her face. 

"You're smiling honey!" I replied and smiled as well. I touched her chin and make her look at me. She's smiling. and blushing as well. 

 "I'm not your honey!" she said and frown. She closed her eyes and looked away again. Still blushing.

"My honey is blushing. My honey is blushing." I chanted aloud. 

"Stop it, stupid" Adreanna said sternly. Trying hard to stop herself from smiling.

"I'm not stupid" I replied and bumped her shoulders again.

"And what are you?" she asked.