Chapter 13: If only, I could be your one and only

Thomas POV

Whoa! I heard a loud screeching sound and a loud thump in front. Everyone almost fell over. Braiden hit his head in the steering wheel.

I caught Cami who is falling from our seat. I can feel that her body is shaking.

"Are you okay?" I asked her and wrapped my arms around her. Nothing bad happened to her, I guess. But why is she still shaking?

"Yeah" she said and nod. 

I look at the back and shouted, "Is everyone alright?" I heard some groans and "yeah" but as I look at the faces of the girls, it's like they have seen a ghost.

They were very afraid. Is it the first time they have some trouble with vehicular accidents? 

"Why are you shaking?" I asked Cami. 

"I'm not" she said while composing herself once again.

After a few seconds, she's back with the old Cami i know, cool and calm.

"You alright there, Braid?" I heard Riley said. Oh right! Braiden hit his head on the steering wheel.

I ran over him as soon as I can, I heard the others coming towards the same direction too. 

I looked at Braiden and he's perfectly fine i guess aside from his forehead that is bleeding. 

"What was that?" I asked Athena who is nursing Braiden's forehead while her eyes are closed.

"I saw something in the middle of the streets, I don't know if we bumped it or not, it's like a huge rock or something else" Athena answered, eyes still closed.

"Let me check it." i said and about to go down when i heard the girls' call.

"Thomas, no!" the girls shouted in unison.

"Why are you shouting at me?"  i shouted back to them. 

"Don't... don't go out there" Cami said, pulling me backwards.

"Why? What's happening to you?" I replied because i still can see fear on the faces of the girls. It's like they're afraid of something.

"Nothing" Cami replied. "I'll come with you" 

"Okay, if you say so." I replied and hold her hand to stop her from shaking. What's the problem of these girls?

We're not into deep trouble I guess, it's just a minor disturbance.

We should be going because we need to stay on our hotel after the long drive.

Oh yes, our family owns a chain of hotels all over America. It's quite fancy,  but I'm not very proud of it since I'm not too helpful in the family business. I'm still enjoying my life. No time for all those serious things.

That's the main reason why my dad and I had a rift. I don't want to be the successor of all our wealth, i just want to be ... me. Simply, Thomas, the hunk. *coughs

"Dude, can you move faster? It's getting late." I heard Toby said. The other guys followed us already except for Braiden and Athena.

"Maybe you want to be the first one to look, Tobs" I replied and look at him.

"Na-ah, not Toby" Zoe replied. 

"But why?" I asked her. It's so unfair. Why should I be the one to check it?