The Betrayed One

“Give her some highlights in here and there”, I excitedly instruct the stylist at the salon.

“Hmmm…” she squirmed and I hoped that she wouldn’t shout and cry for her. I patted her shoulders and smile at her. I assured her that I’ll be paying for it. Besides, it would be fun. She was hesitant at first but then she resigned just went with it.

“That’s my girl”, I squealed with excitement and went to the next chair to sit. I didn’t even tell the stylist what to do with my hair. She already knows what I am here for. A total transformation though I don’t exactly need it. However, this is what my parents’ credit card is for.

After just thirty minutes, the new girl’s new ‘do is finally done. “I got a dress for you in that pink box. Wear it. It’s yours. A gift from me to you”, I told her without even looking at her. I didn’t have to. I know she’ll be perfect.

She went out of the dressing room wearing the pink flowing dress I gave her. Her highlights and curly locks fit her face perfectly. I wanted to tell her that she doesn’t look so boring now, and whoever says otherwise will definitely eat their words. I did say she was boring but hey, that was before the makeover.

The stylist was blow drying my hair when my phone rang…

“Yes,” I answered

“What?!” I shouted

“No way!” I shouted again

I ended the call, looked at the mirror, and touched my long hair. Without any hesitation, I instructed the stylist to cut off just an inch off of my hair. At first, the stylist was a bit hesitant but I insisted that she does as she was told. I closed my eyes, she snipped, and that was it …