Part 10-What do you do when the guy your in love with doesn't know you exist?

I'm really sorry for the wait, but I have been on holiday! 

Enjoy....

PART 10

I stared at Louis incredulously. Was he being serious?

"W-what?" I stuttered I complete shock.

Louis took a step towards me.

"Katie, I know this seems out of the blue to you, but I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. I really like you, more than I've ever liked anyone. I know I probably have given you the wrong impression and I understand if you don't feel the same way but I need you to know how I feel."

I expected Louis to start laughing and say he was joking but he was completely serious, looking at my face intently; trying to gauge my reaction.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to say. I was in too much shock to think clearly and I was still trying to process Louis's words.

"What are you talking about!?" I exclaimed.

Louis sighed and stepped forward, taking my hands in his. "I know I haven't exactly been straight forward with my feelings with you, but it was because of James. He's my best friend and you're his sister." Louis said, looking me in the eyes. "I tried to keep my feelings to myself but they sort of came out when I was drunk," Louis ran his hand through his hair nervously. "Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression, I didn't mean to. Anyway I tried to tell you yesterday but I never got the chance and then last night was the party and everything happened..." Louis looked very angry all of sudden but then calmed down, "and now is the first chance I've had."

"I-I don't know what to say." And I really didn't. I mean I know how I feel about Louis but this was so unexpected.

"That's ok." Louis said pulling me closer to his body. "You don't have to say anything." He leaned his head down so that his lips were just inches from mine.

My heart rate and breathing increased and my eyes widened in anticipation as they locked on his perfect lips.

Louis abruptly pulled away but didn't let go of my hand. I was about to ask him what he was doing when I was aware of the front door opening behind me.

"Katie honey? Oh thank god you are ok!" My Mum exclaimed from behind me. I hadn't even heard the car pull up!

I turned around to face my worried parents as my Mum engulfed me in a bone-crushing hug.

"We came as soon as James rang us!" Mum exclaimed.

"Mum I'm ok, really." I said, trying to get out of my Mother's death grip. "Louis got me away before anything happened. You should really be thanking him."

My Mum immediately let go of me and clung to Louis murmuring thank you's as she broke into tears.

I turned to see my Dad still standing by the front door with a pained expression on his face. It looked like he was trying to keep his emotions in tact. Was that water I could see in his eyes?

"Dad I'm ok." I said soothingly as I wrapped my arms around his middle. He returned the hug and took a deep breath of my hair.

"Yes you are, thanks to this young man." He said while letting me go and making his way over to Louis who had let go of my Mum. My Dad shook Louis's hand. "We can never repay you but if you ever need anything then never hesitate. You have always been a loyal friend to James and have always watched out for Katie just as he does. I truly think of you as one of the family."

"Thank you Sir. That means a lot." Louis said returning my fathers hand shake. He glanced at me and smiled.

He was just too perfect to be true. How wonderful it would be to have him as mine. It was what I had always wanted but I never thought I would have the chance. My parents already loved him so there would be no disapproval from them.