x. lsm

Lee Seokmin's laugh echoes through his and Mingyu's shared apartment.

It's a common occurrence, but he can still hear his best friend's groan from the other side of the wall separating them.

"Do you ever shut up?" Mingyu asks, abruptly opening his bedroom and standing in the doorway to glare at him.

The grin Seokmin gives Mingyu sends the message loud and clear.

Seokmin does not, and won't ever, shut up.

"You're just jealous because Jihoon hyung kicked you out of the group chat," Seokmin raises his phone, facing the screen towards Mingyu and shaking it, "you got a quick replacement, though. Chan is really funny, sending them dank memes."

"Chan is in the group chat now?" Mingyu half screams, "does that mean Jeonghan hyung has already talked to him?"

"Jeonghan hyung's busy with work, as usual, so they haven't talked much," Seokmin says, and giggles when he sees the Kermit meme Chan sent to the chat after Seokmin said that Mingyu was sulking about him being ostracized, "but they got to talk once, and Jeonghan hyung already started calling him 'his baby'."

Mingyu's mood seems to lighten upon hearing that, leaning against the door frame with a small smirk on his face, "Ah, the poor kid... now he has to be stuck with a bunch of weirdos like you and Jeonghan hyung who coddle him every single day."

It was Seokmin's turn to glare at Mingyu this time, "We do not coddle him! We're just being nice and welcoming!"

Mingyu shakes his head, sauntering his way over to the couch and taking Seokmin's phone from him.

He sees Seokmin's last message, which says 'AaAaAaAaaAaAAAA lil baby being sarcastic uwu', and gives him a skeptical look, because this is the literal definition of coddling.

"What?" Seokmin says, defensive.

"I'm gonna add myself back to this group chat and save Chan, oh my god."

Seokmin screeches, "You can't do that! Jihoon hyung will have my head!" And he wrestles Mingyu for his phone, the younger boy holding the device over his head as he tries to press the 'add people' button.

"Come on! I've been out of loop for a week now! Isn't that enough time to pay for stealing a fry off Jihoon hyungs plate?!"

"Mingyu!" Seokmin says, his voice gravely serious, he holds Mingyu by the shoulders and they stop wrestling, "You stole food off Jihoon hyung's plate! That is one of the deadly sins against him, and I don't want to be involved!"

Seokmin cringes, remembering the time he took a sip from Jihoon's cup of cola out of thirst from running towards the cafeteria.

He got a kick to the shin, one which formed an ugly red welt the next day.

And Seokmin isn't really good with dealing with marks on his skin from physical attacks, so he carries the memory as a reminder to never mess with Jihoon's food ever again.

He seriously thinks that being kicked out of a group chat is a lighter punishment than literally getting kicked, so Seokmin is assuming that Jihoon intends to prolong said punishment.

But Mingyu, being the asshole he is, keyed his name into the search bar, and pressed 'add' while Seokmin was doing his monologue.

"NOOOO!!!" Seokmin screamed, pulling a little bit at his hair, and Mingyu stares at him in disbelief.

"Dude, you're being dramatic"

"No, I'm not!" Seokmin was thisclose to sobbing, "Jihoon hyung gave me PTSD after what I did, I can't believe you're making me go through that again!" He screeches.