#12 New Truths

#12 New Truths

Something cold and wet was running across my back and I flinched as it ran over the still open whip lashes on my back.

"Sorry, sorry" a female voice said. I didn't feel any other pain after that however I did hear shuffling of clothes and someone moving about.

I slowly opened my eyes and waited until they adjusted to the light till I studied the room that I was in. It was a dirty white room with a plain white door and basic furniture like a double bed, a small closet and a set of draws in the corner of the room. It was a small room but seemed well kept, the bed was made and the thinning curtains opened.

I realised that I was on the bed and I could feel heat coming from something on my left side so I turned my head to see what it was. A girl. There was a girl on my left side holding a dampened cloth which was half hanging out of a bowl which was full of warm water; however it was a pale red colour. It must have been blood, I could smell it.

I looked up at the face of the girl and saw that she had raven black hair and golden tanned skin. Her hair was quite short barley reaching past her shoulder however I could already tell that it suited her. Her face was free from make up and she had a very nice colour of warm brown eyes. Almost like a chocolate colour. As I looked at her eyes I could see the panic in them, she must have thought she was hurting me and that I would yell at her. But even in my dazed state I knew she was helping me, and I felt a surge of gratefulness flow through me. I mean she didn't have to do it, she didn't even know me yet here she was cleaning my wound. I smiled up at her to reassure her I wasn't going to shout or be cruel to her.

"Hi" I tried saying, however it sounded more like a croak since my throat was so dry.

"Hi, I'm really sorry, did I hurt you?" she asked in a hurry, she still had that panicked look in her eye and I could already tell I was going to have to keep reassuring her that I was fine.

"No, no you didn't hurt me, but thank you for helping me"

"Your welcome" she whispered in embarrassment. After a few moments I decided to break the silence that had descended upon us.

"What's you name?" I asked curiously.

"Mia, my name's Mia"

"Nice to meet you Mia, I'm Cassie" I reached my arm to shake her hand but I moved and felt a ripping pain sail down my back and I gasped in pain.

"Oh, are you alright?" Mia's concerned voice made its way to my ears. But I just gritted my teeth waiting for the pain to subside before I blew out a breath.

"Yeah I'll be fine, just got to stay still" I commented.

"Yeah, I 'm so sorry you had to go through that. Um, I know you're awake now and all but would you mind if I carry on cleaning these wounds, just don't want them to get infected" Mia seemed really nervous as if she had done something wrong. In fact she did quite the opposite never did I imagine that someone who didn't now me would help me. It felt good actually.

"You would do that for me?" I asked in astonishment.

"Well, yeah, of course, you need help and I want to help" she said timidly.

"Thank you that would be great" I smiled.

"Ok, this is going to sting a little" she warned me as she rinsed the cloth in the water. I faced forward again, not wanting to watch as she placed the warm cloth on my back. I clenched my teeth as she began to move the cloth smoothly over the slashes on my back. At first it really stung and made my eyes water however I pushed the tears back I wouldn't cry of this, not any more.