Chapter 1

"Peggy!" My sisters scream in unison, running into my room. I sat up and groaned, rubbing my eyes as Eliza yanked my grey curtains open, letting sunlight stream in the room, blinding me in the process.

"Did you two come in here just to wake me up so you could burn my eyes with the sun?" I asked, rolling out of my bed, onto the floor.

"A little bit." Angelica laughed. Eliza whacked her arm gently and smiled at me.

"No! It's the last day of summer, we need to do our ritual!" She said excitedly, pulling me off the floor.

"Ohhh yeah. And I assume Dad is already off at work?" I asked, knowing the answer already. Angelica nodded in response and I sighed.

"Well, lets get ready then!" Eliza squealed, pulling Angelica away as they ran off to their rooms to get dressed.

Every year on the last day of summer, we try to cram as much stuff as possible in one day. We always go to the same café for breakfast, then we wander around New York City, go to the beach, get ice cream, take pictures and buy first day of school outfits. Usually we do other stuff too, but thats sort of the base of the plan. Our dad doesn't know about it, but if he did he'd probably tell us we couldn't do it. He's always telling us we can't go downtown. But do we listen? No.

I pulled in some light denim shorts with rolled up bottoms, then pulled on a pastel yellow halter top. Luckily the weather was supposed to be really nice today, about 85 degrees and sunny, but with nice breezes. I did two French braids in my hair then set off to the bathroom to do my makeup.

I decided to skip any concealer or foundation and go simple, putting on a bit of waterproof mascara (I always used waterproof for these days, because of the swimming and laughing until we cried,) and a little lip gloss. Eliza and Angie had just finished too, so I rushed back to my room to grab my phone, wallet and Aviator sunglasses.

I ran down the steps, slipping my feet into a pair of plain black flip flops and walking to the kitchen, where my sisters were filling a bag with random food.

Angelica was wearing a light pink tank top with a white graphic peace sign on it, along with black shorts and pink flip flops. Her hair was in a tight braided bun on top of her head, where a pair of light pink sunglasses sat as well.

Eliza had on a knee length, light blue sundress with grey flip flops and grey sunglasses. Her phone and wallet were in a long strapped grey bag on her shoulder.

"You guys look so much cuter than me." We all said in unison. We did that sometimes, totally accidental and also kind of creepy. Laughing, we wandered the huge kitchen and pantry looking for snacks. In the end we had a bag stuffed full of drinks, crackers, candy and other foods. We had packed Angie's car with our swimsuits and other items last night so we didn't have to do much today.

We hopped in her convertible with the top down and set off on our adventure.

Eliza and I sat together in the backseat, talking and laughing.

"So Pegs, are you gonna get a guy this year?" She said, nudging my shoulder. I sighed and shrugged.

"If I can find one who actually notices me." I said, fixing my sunglasses.

"Girl, if someone doesn't snatch you up this year I'm gonna have to get all the guys in the school into the auditorium and give a presentation about why you're literally the best and they need to ask you out." Angelica chimed in from the drivers seat.

"Thanks guys, but I just don't know. I mean, everyone knows who you guys are. And Eliza has Alex and Angelica has Laf, because you two are way prettier and smarter than me." I said uncertainly. Eliza just shook her head.

I really did want to find someone to date. As much as the three of us proclaimed we were sting and independent women, I still wanted someone who would notice me and care about me.

But there was no time to think about that now. Angelica and Eliza had told Alex and Laf not to call them all day because it was our girls day, so I guess I shouldn't think about boys. You know, sisters before misters and all that jazz.

a/n: hey hey hey I'm really excited about this!!! it's gonna be Jeggy but it's also gonna have a lot about sticking together as sisters and (hopefully) how to be a strong and empowered person. This is kinda just a sister fluff chapter and that's probably what the next will be too, but yay!!! 4am is officially started!!