Chapter 4

~Devon's POV~

Putting the clothes on and calming down, I opened the door and wondered how he would art now as I walked to the kitchen.

About a million thoughts were pounding through my head as I thought about how embarrassing that situation was. Not only was it embarrassing, but I had liked the position a lot. That single thought was the thought that kept me blushing, and I could feel the heat in my cheeks. 

Biting my lip, I walked into the kitchen. The shorts had been way too big on my barely size 0 waist, so I decided to leave them off. As Jason promised, the shirt was long enough to cover everything that needed to be covered. The shirt ended about two inches above my knees, and some bruises that lead further up my thigh, peaked from under the shirt along with some bruises on my shin. I constantly tugged at the hem of the purple tee shirt and looked up at Jason to see his gaze caught on me for a moment before he looked back at the plates.

"Well. Come and fix your plate before everything gets cold. It's always better when food is warm." Jason gave a small, yet seemingly awkward smile and grabbed his plate and cup and went into the living room to sit and eat. 

I sighed and fixed my plate, and eventually found the cups and poured some orange juice. It was something I always had for breakfast. I loved orange juice and it helped keep me healthy. It also tasted orangy which was a taste I have long enjoyed.

Balencing my plate on my cup, I walked into the living room and curled up on the black love seat and looked across the cozy living room to notice Jason staring intently at his plate like he didn't want to risk looking at me in fear it might hurt me, or something wild like that.

The thought of him not being able to look at me both annoyed me and hurt me. The annoyance was obvious as it was probably etched all over my face as I stared at what I assumed was the top of his head. The hurt wasn't as evident as I sighed and set the plate on the table as I sat there watching him. 

"Jason. It was an accident. Do not be so... embarrassed about it." Devon whispered, though it sounded as a normal level in the near silent living room. The only other sound was coming from the crackle of the fire that was kept to keep the cabin warm from the cold November in North Carolina.

  Jason looked up at me and sighed for a moment before looking back down at his plate and effectively stuffing his face with egg and sausage.  I bit my lip and looked at my plate. It was still nearly full with food, yet I had lost my appetite.    

Getting up, I went to look out the rather large window near the door, with my back to Jason. The moment i had turned my back, I had almost immediately felt his gaze on me, but I dared not to turn back and face him. I was not in the mood to look at him as he had effectivly irritated me.   I stood inches from the window, and I was able to feel the cold coming through the thin glass.

Something made me reach my hand out and press it against the glass, and moments later I pulled away. I saw the outline of my hand on the glass and smiled for a moment. It seemed so little compared to the world outside that window.   

Sighing, I turned and looked back at Jason, whom I caught staring at me. He gave me a small smile and picked up all the dishes. "Are you finished?" He spoke gently, as though afraid to hurt me.

Shaking my head, I watched him leave the small living room and head back into the kitchen. Pondering for a moment of what I should do, I followed him into the kitchen. "Jason.." I began and he gave me a look as to not say anything, which shut me up in a second.   

I bit my lip and tried to speak again. "What are we going to do today?" I spoke in a soft monotone and looked down at the ground, somewhat afraid to meet his eyes.