Chapter 15

Alexander's POV

There comes a point in every person's life that a choice needs to be made. The choice to go out of state for college; or, the choice to break out of an abusive relationship. Even the choice to follow your somewhat girlfriend until you figure out where she is living or with who.

That's when you realize that she is living, and probably sleeping with, your English teacher. The one that teaches both of you in the same class period and does a terrible job at hiding his favoritism towards her.

At first, I thought he just liked her because, well, what's not to like? She's smart, pretty and an absolute sweetheart that was broken and couldn't do harm to a fly. That last part is the reason why I like her. She was rather easy to take control of. Kind of like a doll. It was like I had my own porceline doll to dress up and show off.

Instead of going home right after school, I decided to take a trip around the city. Just to clear my mind and figure out what I was going to do next. I had left ominious messages with both Jason and Devon. They both knew that someone knew they were living together. He could possibly be sent to jail for his highly innappropriate relationship with his student.

What I couldn't manage to figure out was why she was living with him to begin with. How did that manage to come about? I had remembered her coming to school with makeup caked on her face and neck wearing long sleeved shirts, but I could always still see bruises and cuts. Lately, that had changed, and she had started showing a little more skin and wearing less makeup.

However, that changed after the night I had my way with her. Of course, I had been a little too forceful with her. I hated that I had marked her up that badly, but, I found myself liking the way the bruises blossomed across her pale skin. It was a work of art that I had created. Too bad it is only temporary. And too bad that she hides it under clothes that are obviously Jason's since they're three sizes too big for her.

My hands tightened around the steering wheel of my car and my jaw tightened. Jason didn't deserve her. He wasn't good enough for her. What kind of creep prays on his students? Especially fragile and broken ones like her? I was going to have to save her from him and make sure he knew to never touch her again. To make sure he knew that he was nothing but a frog. I was her true Prince Charming.

I saw the way he glared me down in class when I got too close to her. And the way he would immediately dismiss us to our seats. I found a certain thrill in it. It must pain him to not be able to touch her on campus. I could do anything I wanted with her on campus and he couldn't touch her. The thought made me laugh as I decided to head home.

There was a plan in the works, but it would take a while to figure out. The goal was to keep Devon with me. To keep her home and make sure that she didn't need a thing in the world. The problem was, how would I get her out of Jason's obviously manipulative grasp and into my loving arms?

Halfway home, I startled myself. I had the perfect plan that I could put into effect tonight.

Turning around, I went back into town to gather supplies.

Devon's POV

I awoke to find myself face first in Jason's warm chest. It was a surprise. Especially since the last thing I remembered was falling asleep in the passenger seat. Now we were half way up the stairs. "Good morning, sleeping beauty," Jason said gently. "Rest well?" He had his signature smirk on his lips and I couldn't help but stick my tongue out at him.

"I was sleeping well, until I was jostled about by your ungentle movements." I laid my head back against his chest and smiled as Jason pushed his bedroom door open and tossed me onto the bed. I let out an indignent yelp, and a warm laugh erupted from his chest.