Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Hey, honey, how was school?" mom asked just as I walked in the door.

I shrugged, "Okay. How was work?"

Mom worked as a fashion designer and she just open a new boutique at the mall.

"Good. My Autumn line is really working," she smiled.

"Uh-huh," I said absently.

"Alex, sit down, I need to talk to you." That was abrupt, I thought.

I sat down and stared at my mom like she was about to turn into something scary, like spiders, maybe.

"Jonathan just proposed to me today," she stated. My eyes widen and I held on tightly to my seat or I would of fell off.

"What?!"

"He proposed to me and I said yes," she continued, ignoring the fact that I was about to have a seizure.

"Mom, we didn't even discuss this together and you agreed? Now we have to live together like a big family when I like Aiden more than just friends? Do you know how wacked up that is?" I practically yelled.

"Honey, I know you're upset, but the thing is, I love Jonathan and we would like to make it official," she said.

"No, mom, I'm not upset. Upset would be if you happen to lie about your divorce with dad. Upset would be if you happen to not be home until midnight. This is not upset, this is freaking pissed off!" I yelled.

Call it lack of impulse control, but I feel like breaking the table and snapping it into pieces.

"Alex, I'm the mother of this family so you have to listen to me. This isn't a democracy, this is a done deal," she snapped, her face flushed and tired.

"The wedding will be next Saturday, and I want to make a appearance as my bridesmaid," she said in a steely tone.

"Why? So you can embarrass me more?" I snapped.

With that I went upstairs and slammed the door.

Great, I'm going to be living my boyfriend/stepbrother pretty soon.