Chapter 1: Childhood.

From the moment Tally could talk, she always told the truth. Her parents brought her up and her other siblings up like that, they taught her to tell the truth even if it may hurt someone. For years and years that wasn't a problem, she would get gold stars at school for being honest and she would get praises as well. She had quite a lot of friends most of them got annoyed at the fact that she never lied because is got them into trouble as well, but I guess friendship won over everything because they always forgive her.

4 YEARS LATER......
Tally was turning 10, she was the youngest out of her siblings. She lived in a town called the Uglies, this was a town where anyone under the age of 16 would be named the Uglies. But when you turned 16 she had a special operation that turned you into a pretty. You basically live a rich life, you don't have to work, you party all the time and you always wake up looking like u just had a photo shoot. This is the life that Tally wanted. Her best friend Peris, who she has grown up with, will turn 16 a couple months before her. She hopes that one day they will both live in a fancy house with a party every night and never become tired. Both of them had dreams  all the time, the way they would live and what type of lifestyle they would have as a Pretty.

5 1/2 YEARS LATER......
Peris's birthday is today. It's the day where I lose my best friend for a couple of months.
As he was leaving the to get onto the train, he saw me stood there in the crowd, smiling softly at him. He ran of the train and barged his way the the crowd of people as they glared at him for knocking them, he swung his arms round me and hugged me like I was never going to see him again. "I will miss you" he said quietly in my ear, "I will miss you too". I tried to hold back my tears as his arms left my body, he knew that this was tearing me apart but he had to go. The train set off and his fingers brushed mine as he ran, he leapt onto the train and one smile before he was whisked of into the world. I composed myself before returning to my room where a crowd of girls would be there gossiping about the latest boy craze.

It was that night whilst searching though my stuff, ready to be sent away to my dorm in the New Pretty Town, I saw the diary that I had written in middle school. I took a deep breath and opened to then learn I spent the entire night reading it until I dropped off to sleep. I shot up in bed, to find my self not in my bed but on the floor. With no book anywhere to be found, and a bunch of pictures of me and Peris gone. Had someone taken them, Tally thought. Then the door flung open. "What are you doing here" Tally said with gritted teeth. "I'm here to take back what's mine" the voice said quite sternly. "And I guess, that's you".