Chapter 12

Johanna's Pov

"Why would you even do all of that?" I ask Devin. After the scene that they caused outside Willie's, I dragged him to the car. The car started and Devin just sitting in the passenger seat staring out the window. Ignoring my question, he reaches for the door.

"Stop." I groan. He is seriously crazy if he thinks that I'm letting him out of the car. "He's sweet to her and he's not gonna hurt her. So what's the problem?" Devin slowly turns towards me with a look of disbelief on his face.

"So you knew about this? When did we start keeping secrets from each other?" Devin questions me.

"I found out last night. What is your problem with them being together?" I cannot believe that he's really trying to make this about me.

"So when were you gonna tell me?" He asks, again ignoring my question.

"Stop hearing what you wanna hear." I grit my teeth before saying something that I'll regret later. As I start the car, I could feel his eyes on me.

The ride was tense and quick. As I pull up to my house, I put the car in park and quickly get out of the car. Unlocking the door to my house, I could hear the engine stop and the passenger door slamming shut.

"I'm sorry that I ruined tonight." Devin sighs, wrapping his arms around my waist. "It's just that she's my only little sister and she's with my best friend. It's a nightmare already to know that my sister has a boyfriend...but for him to be my best friend. It's terrible." Devin groans leaning into my shoulder.

"At least you know that he's a good guy and not an asshole that's trying to take advantage of her. You know that she's safe and loved. That's the most important thing." I open the door and step into the house pulling Devin in with me.

"I know. But it still hurts." I turn and watch as his tired expressions.

"You could stay here tonight. Everyone went to visit my uncle for the weekend. I think you left some clothes over last time." I whisper, pecking him on the lips and reaching around him to lock the door.

Jessica's Pov

"I'm alright Jess." Tyler press as I ask him if he's alright probably for the twentieth time.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive?" I ask him as he goes over the speed limit a little.

"I'm fine Jess." He reaches over the console that's dividing us from each other and grabs my hand.

"Can you at least slow down?" I bring his hand to my lips, placing a kiss on his knuckles. I could feel him take his foot off of the gas.

"I'm sorry that I ruined the ni-" I cut him off before he could blame himself.

"It's not your fault. I should have told him before we had a label." I sigh turning in my seat to look at him completely. Tyler slows the car down a little more.

"Babe, don't you dare try to blame yourself. I told him that I liked you a long time ago. I should have just told him that you are mine." He pauses long enough to pull over to the side of the road. He turns in his chair and stares me in the eyes. "I should have told him it was my responsibility as a friend." Tyler rubs his thumb over my hand.

"How about we just talk to him together? And if I sit between you two, I don't have to worry about another fight. I'm gonna stretch my legs." I open the door and step outside. The night wind hit my body causing me to let out a yep and get back in the car. "Nevermind" I laugh closing the door behind me.

"No, let's get home." He starts the car and pulls back into the street. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow.