7

Redheart woke up suddenly as Fallbeam poked her. Foxstar purred with amusement as Redheart slapped Fallbeam for the poke. Redheart's eyes grew dark with worry as she met eye contact with Foxstar.
"I had a dream," she mewed quietly. "Tell me," Foxstar ordered. "She's better off telling Mintwing, a medicine cat," Fallbeam woke up, yawning.
"Let me remind you, I was the one who mentored her, and she still has a lot to learn," Foxstar hissed.
Fallbeam hung her head in apology. "You stupid furball," Redheart teased and poked Fallbeam.
Foxstar nodded and gathered up the Clan. "Listen, NightClan!" She ordered. "Fallbeam is going to go on a quest." The young warrior looked surprised. "Me?' She asked. "Yes," Foxstar purred. "I saw you in a vision I once had, and I think I might know where StarClan is trying to lead you." She looked over all the NightClan cats. "Now, this quest will be dangerous, so Fallbeam and I will need some backup, along with Redheart."
"Yes!" the red-pelted warrior cheered.
"Foxstar, I can't let you risk your life," Mossclaw hissed. "I'm coming too."
Foxstar smiled. "That's four cats!" she announced.
Leafnose snorted. "Stormheart would say 'Wow, I didn't know you could do such advanced math.'." Foxstar ignored that stupid comment.
"Any other volunteers? Any cat?" No one answered. "I wanna go!" Snowpaw announced. "Me too!" mewed Stonepaw and Hoverpaw. The older warriors rolled their eyes. "Apprentices... always going off to do something really stupid." Graytail snorted. "You used to be one too!" Snowpaw angrily hissed.
"I'll go," Lilyhop muttered. "Thank you," Foxstar purred.
"We will meet at the Moonlake at sunrise tomorrow. Good luck, every cat."
Foxstar leaped down from Highmushroom and nuzzled Mossclaw and went to Redheart. "What was your dream?" she asked the young warrior. Redheart lowered her head. "Something terrible is going to happen to Fallbeam," she admitted. "I think."
Foxstar nodded and buried that thought deep into the worries of her mind.

The day of the mission soon arrived, and Foxstar was getting traveling herbs ready. NightClan was gathered around to watch the questing warriors leave camp.
"Be safe," Robinsky gently nudged his sister. "I will," Lilyhop promised.
"Foxstar," Fallbeam mewed. "I can't do this! I'm just an apprentice! I don't care if I was made a warrior early, I'm the exact same age as Snowpaw and Stonepaw! Please let them come, Foxstar."
"Oh, FINE!" Foxstar purred. "What about me?" Hoverpaw complained. "I'm older than all three of them!"
Foxstar lowered her head. "No, Hoverpaw. I need you here in case Thunderpaw comes back." Hoverpaw nodded and ran off to Highmushroom to keep a lookout.
"But who is in charge of the Clan while you're gone?" Graytail asked. "We have such a small Clan now, ever since Stormheart and Silverclaw were banished. And all those cats that died in the battle! Mistylife, Rockyfoot, Jayfur, Whitefoot,...Turtlestar.....and remember what happened to Rosethorn..." Graytail hung his head. "You'll be in charge, Graytail," Foxstar announced. "But first, I need to do something."
Foxstar leaped up onto Highmushroom next to Hoverpaw. "May all cats old enough to star-gaze gather around the Highmushroom for a Clan meeting."
"Not that there's many of us," Owleyes grumbled.
"Hey, you would've been gone too if I hadn't pushed you away from Fishstar," Petalblaze purred.
Foxstar rolled her eyes and began the meeting. "Cats of NightClan, I, Foxstar, leader of NightClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down onto this young apprentice. She has worked hard, very, very hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her term." Hoverpaw's eyes widened with amazement. "Me?! A WARRIOR?!" she squealed. Foxstar nodded her head. "Hoverpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and fight and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"
"I do."
"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Hoverpaw, from this moment you shall be known as Hoverpad. NightClan honors you happiness and fast running skills, and we welcome you as a full warrior of NightClan!"
"Hoverpad! Hoverpad! Hoverpad! Hoverpad!"
Hoverpad leaped off of Highmushroom and smiled broadly. "Thank you, NightClan!" she exclaimed with pride.