Chapter One

Light itself is a frail concept that many look past. But if one were to see it differently, they would soon believe that it is far more than just a frail concept. It is what gives life throughout the world that many live in, life that springs forth a glorious splendor of hope and peace that eclipses even through the depths of the darkness, unending and granting it with greatness. It has a reason to exist in the world, throughout the universe, as it's burning brightness ignites a spark that awaits no mortal being. A certain young man would understand that his light is what washes over Gensokyo's darkest places.

That young man is Ray Sotto, an Outsider that has fallen from the skies, fighting for his survival in Gensokyo, the Land of Fantasy, a world hidden from the Outside World by the Great Hakurei Barrier. Even though he faces dangers that would otherwise kill him, his determination to live and to return to his home are what allow him to keep on moving forward to reach his goal. While prone to doubts and fears, the hardships allow him to grow confident in himself now that he has found people in his life that are willing to help him in his emotional moments.

Already, he has managed to solve two incidents, but not without encountering difficulties. His body and mind were taking their toll until the second incident where he couldn't take it anymore. That is until the Youkai of Boundaries, Yukari Yakumo, battled him to prove if his determination to live outweighs his own depression. She had succeeded in showing him that youkais are not to be fear, that they have family and friends that are accepted.

His third incident proved to become the most difficult for him so far. With the aid of Marisa, Meiling, Alice, and Patchouli, he went through an alternate world with them that is under the rule of Satan who had possessed Remilia's body. They discovered that Satan plans to overthrow God himself, destroy Heaven, and thanks to possessing a worthy vessel that has incredible pride and power, and rule Gensokyo. In the end, Ray and his companions have managed to defeat Satan and return home with the Scarlet residents going back to their normal lives.

Three months have passed since that incident. Ray is able to live peacefully and continuing his training. But soon, he would be called to solve another matter that involves the Outside World. The young man must prepare himself for the road ahead. He would not return to Gensokyo until that matter is solved.

Press on, young beholder of the light. For your light is what shines bright through the darkest night. Never give up on your journey and always believe what you deem is right. Always remember that you have the support of your companions. No matter how dark the path may be, you will always guide yourself at the light at the end of the tunnel.

Walk tall, Ray Sotto. For you are the Chosen Light of Hope and Dawn.

-RAY-

This isn't the worst idea that I've ever done. This is one of the worst ideas that I have ever done before. What I'm going to do is more than fight against my enemy. This enemy is the evil that lingers in this world and will keep existing, no matter how much it falls or dies. I'm scared out of my mind because I already went through a fight with Lucifer, so I'm not at my best at all.

I glance over my shoulder. Patchouli is tending to Marisa and Alice. I can see Patchouli's eyes grow wide with bewilderment at how I'm going to face against Satan alone. It was going to be that battle where I'm not sure if I can win or not. My mind and body are shaken to the core.

I look at Satan, sitting upon his throne. He reclines on it, having a hand to his cheek and one leg over the other. His eyes show interest that I'm the one that is standing before his presence, a presence that would put me on my knees easily. Being face to face with the Devil himself is not something I would expect in my life and that's an understatement. It's like facing Yukari all over again.