Chapter Three

My second week in Gensokyo. As if the first week wasn't enough for me. This world that I'm in is filled with extreme danger compared to the ones that I see in video games or anime. Where I am in is a battle of survival whether I can live or not. I don't know why I'm even here.

I never regained my memories yet. I don't remember anything that happened. I want to believe that this is all a dream. I constantly believe that it is some sort of dream that I'm having right now. What if I'm dead in that crater and my body would be eaten by wild youkais?

Reimu told me that I fell from the skies. No human being would survive a fall like that. There's just no way anyone could survive a fall from that high up and expect to live. And why is it that I crashed into what is most likely the most dangerous place on the planet hidden from society itself? I just don't get it myself.

Am I just stuck here? Can I leave? Can I go home? I can't do that. The bandages that are on me hinder me from moving around.

I was severely injured from the fall. Reimu tended to the injury that was centered on my chest. From the looks of it, I was stabbed through the chest with a sword. Completely went through, piercing my heart. I shouldn't even be alive at this point.

My will to live kept me going. I didn't want to die. I was too scared to die that I must have unconsciously kept myself alive through my determination to live. It was still a matter of time where my life was put in the hands of fate. It looks like I managed to overcome my fate of dying and got lucky.

Reimu saved me that day. She nursed me back to health. At first, I thought it was strange to see a shrine maiden not wearing traditional shrine maiden clothing. I expected a shrine maiden to wear a white shitagi and red hakama than clothes that look like they were made for cosplay. Those clothes she does wear look more non-traditional.

She does make it work somehow. I'm not sure if those clothes she wears are her everyday wear. I bet it is since I've never seen her in other shrine maiden clothing. The only thing that I would notice is her necktie is changed or have longer or short hair somehow. I don't know how she does it so quickly.

My first week didn't go so well. I wasn't used to the tea and I was quiet most of the time. I was a blank slate with no emotions that let out. I often cried in my sleep only to wake up in the middle of the night to cry a lot more than I normally would have. That's when I would go back to sleep, not sure why I was crying to begin with.

I was depressed for some reason. My head was constantly down and I sat at the engawa by myself. Reimu didn't talk to me. She left me alone and told me I can explore the grounds of the shrine. She did warn me to not go out late at night.

At the end of the week, I got chased down by a youkai. I thought that I heard crying from inside of the forest. I was wrong to believe that there was something wrong. Instead what I came upon was a frightening image of what the creatures in Gensokyo are.

They are monsters. Monsters that will manipulate the human emotion in order to lure people into quiet places. They don't care about what they are doing. They aren't above good or evil. I want to believe that there are some youkais that might have some semblance of good in them. How can I believe in something like that so easily, though?

I got attacked by a youkai. It was my own fault that I was lured in by that humanlike crying. I only managed to survive because I got lucky. I don't know how I managed to live. All I did was run away for my life.

I just kept on running. It was all I could do. Just run for whatever was chasing me. I couldn't fight back against it. There was no way that I could fight back.

That thing looked like it can tear off a limb. What difference would it have made if I punched it? I bet I would hurt my hand. I remember smashing its face against the tree over and over again until it forced me to let go. Holding that face felt cold.