Chapter Eleven

It's been about seven hours. I slept for that long, but I don't know if I recovered all of my power. I can't tell for sure. Yukari's asleep, too. She's in an upright position with her hand on the side of my head.

The rain stopped completely. The sun is already beginning to rise. I stay awake until Yukari stirs, opening her eyes. She stretches her arms, giving me the chance to sit myself up, rubbing the back of my neck. I didn't realize lap pillows would be so comfortable for my head.

She's maintained that position for seven hours. For anyone else, their knees would be numb like crazy. She gleefully spreads her legs out, standing up to her feet. She yawns loudly, continuing to stretch. How exhausted can she get?

Her head leans against my shoulder, giving herself a nap while standing up. My shoulders sag as I sigh. I don't bother to push her off of me. I wait for her to get off. After about five minutes, she pulls her head away from my shoulder.

"That was such a nice nap. Your powers must have recovered by now."

"I don't feel it, but I'll take your word for it. Can you take me to where Asakura-san and Kotohime are? I want to visit them."

"Not nooooowwwww~! I want to get some more sleep."

"Come on. Don't we have better things to do than take a nap? I want to see my friends."

"Fiiiiine~..."

So childish. I've never seen this side of Yukari before. It irks me even more than her teasing because she's in a state where I have to urge her into doing something for me. She lazily opens a gap that doesn't seem too big for me to fit through. Yukari falls into it without even considering what's on the other side of it.

I roll my eyes, following behind. I definitely don't want to be around this side of Yukari. The sleepy side of her where she would rather sleep things off. What if I run into Nyarlathotep? She's not going to be there.

I can just picture it. Yukari is sleeping under a futon while I'm yelling for her to help me. Several hours later, I'm on the floor, angrily dying. I'm not sure how that would work. Now, I'm asking the real question.

How does someone angrily die? Wait, why am I even asking that in the first place? I doubt that it's even possible to die angry unless they use some sort of curse where their wrath circulates across the world or spread it through someone. I can't believe that I even have my moments of these weird thoughts. I don't want to lose my common sense.

I'll just think of it as a theory. A google theory. I'm not even sure Google can come up with a result of "Can you die angrily", and I find a Reddit thread that incites some typical babble. I'm sure that someone will have an answer to that question. They just need to be an idiot.

Anyways, Yukari and I are at the hospital. I want to see if they're okay since I tossed them into a gap without seeing what's through the other side. I look at Yukari, still looking like she's ready to collapse at any moment. I'm tempted to just push her back into the gap and let her fall asleep, but I'm not going to be that mean. It would be unkind of me.

Well, it would be funny and I would laugh. It's not like she'll get hurt over it. It's like one of those comical situations in animes. Nothing but laughs all around. I'm too nice to do that, though.

If I were Reimu, I would do that to Yukari without hesitation. I just would. She'll get back at me which is why I won't do it. Her pranks would cause physical harm and I'd deserve it. I'd even accept the fact that I deserved it.

"I'll let you know if something is happening. Be careful at all times, Ray."

"Got it. Oh, and thanks for yesterday. Hope I didn't seem to be a bother when my head was laid on your lap."