Chapter 13: finally a rescue

"Cisco how could you not tell any of us about this!?" Barry exclaimed. Before Cisco could answer Felicity spoke up.

"I'm her best friend! Who cares about you guys! How could you not tell me!?" Felicity snapped feeling more than just a little betrayed. "How could she not tell me?" Felicity questioned softly. Oliver hugging her tightly.

"Because she didn't want anyone to know! The only reason that she told me was because I vibed it on accident and confronted her about it. She could barely get any words out when she was telling me" Cisco scrambled.

"How could you just keep this from us Cisco?" Caitlin questioned not understanding.

"It wasn't my secret to tell Caitlin" Cisco said shaking his head.

"Everyone let's just calm down. I'm sure Cisco had his reasons for not telling you all." Harry said jumping to Cisco's defense to the shock of many.

"But the Clarity on my earth is a cold blooded murderer so it's not that shocking to me that she would kill on this one too" Harry continued ruining his defense.

"Hey!" Barry snapped his voice booming making everyone in the room freeze at the power behind it. Sure they expected that voice from Oliver but never Barry.

"Clarity Springs is not a murderer. All that she said was that she killed people. She doesn't say how, why, when, or where so until we hear that story from Clarity herself she's still the same person that we all care about and she's going to be the same person we care about after we hear it. Nothing changes that. Everybody got that?" Barry questioned.

"Barry of course we do. I would never just turn my back on her like that, but keeping secrets is never a good idea. Especially in our line of work. I just wish she trusted me enough to tell me."Felicity replied.

"Maybe she just needed some time to try and find the right way to tell you. To get her confidence up." Oliver suggested.

"Not with me, Oliver. Never with me" Felicity denied

"She didn't tell you about her powers right away" Diggle pointed out.

"That was different Dig. She should know from me working with you guys that I would never think less of her" Felicity denied.

"We know" Oliver told her trying to be consoling despite the fact that he himself was beyond shaken. He just couldn't see it. Clarity was too sweet and kind. Her being a killer didn't make sense. It didn't add up.

"I just wish I knew more... Cisco you saw it in a vibe right? You can tell us all what happened" Felicity practically begged.

"I can't betray her trust like that, Felicity. I'm sorry" Cisco told her. Felicity nodded in understanding. If she had been in Cisco's position she would have done the same thing, but that didn't mean she wasn't desperate to know.

"Pardon me for interrupting but they have returned from the Sauna" Gideon informed.

"Saved by the Ai" Kara commented with a laugh.

She was met with complete silence.

"What too soon after a startling revelation to start commenting on what's going on again?" Kara questioned looking around at the somber faces of team's flash and Arrow.