Niam - Way to go, Genius!

~This one shot is for Marley! Thank you for reading my one shots and enjoying them!! :)~

"Niall, this is amazing! Thank you so much!" You jump round and give him a gigantic hug before you release him so he can breathe. Niall, being your best friend for years, remembered that today was your "friendaversary." He took a bunch of pictures of you guys and made them into a big collage. 

"No problem, Marley." He chuckled, as he sat down and took a bite of a slice of pizza in the box. I ran upstairs to my room and set the picture frame down on my bed. I smiled at it and gave it a quick kiss before I grabbed Niall's gift bag and ran back into the living room. I set it down in front of him and took a seat beside him. 

"What's this?" He asked, a mouth full of pizza and his drink. I wiped his chin and clapped my hands together.

"Open it!" I squealed. He laughed and took the wrapping paper out of the bag. His eyes lit up when he pulled out the snap back that was in the bag.

"Marley! This was the last hat I needed for my collection! I couldn't find it anywhere!" He said as he smiled at the hat in his hands. "Thank you so much! I love it!" He pulled me into a gigantic hug and nestled his head into my neck, giving me one of the famous Horan Hugs. 

"Knock knock!" Liam shouted as he barged into my flat. Niall and I jumped and Liam's face turned into a meloncholy look. 

"Hey Liam!" Niall said as he picked up his hat. "Look what Marley got me! Isn't she amazing!?" Liam smiled and nodded, but the smile didn't reach his eyes.

"Yeah, she is." He said, as he shut the door and took a seat in between Niall and I. Liam took my hand and looked me in the eyes, his warm embrace and puppy dog eyes causing my heart to flutter.

"Marley, can I ask you something?" He said sweetly, this time the smile reached his eyes.

"Definitely Liam!"

"We've been friends for a while now and I was hoping that maybe you would ... like to ... go out on a date with me?" He asked, a blush forming on his face.

"I would love to!" I exclaimed, giving him a hug. Niall stood up awkwardly and shuffled out the door, not saying a word. I gave Liam a look and he nodded, giving me the approval to run after him.

Wow, for a boy that just had half a pizza, he runs pretty fast! I thought as I ran out of my flat and looked for him. I walked down the block when I heard sniffling coming from nearby.

"Niall?" I questioned as I looked for someone, anyone! All I heard was more sniffling and a soft whimper.

"Niall, please talk to me." I said, as I noticed him sitting behind a tree. I sat down next to him and leaned on his shoulder. "Niall, what's wrong?"

"Marley, why Liam?" He sniffled as he pulled away from me. I gave him a confused look, which he didn't notice because he hung his head low.

"Niall ... You know I've had a crush on Liam for the longest time."

"And I've had a crush on you for the longest time, yet you never notice it!" My eyes widened a bit. Niall liked me? I gave up on that hope in the 8th grade, when he asked Ali to the dance instead of me. I thought I was stuck in the friend zone. 

"Niall, I've always liked you ... but you never noticed that. But Liam ... There's just something about him that-"

"Please don't brag about him. He's my best friend, and I love him like a brother, but he got the girl I've been waiting for for the longest time. So please, don't boast about him anymore."