Niall - Just Friends?

~ This one shot is a bit longer than the others, but I'm sure you'll like it. :) ~

My heart broke as I read the words on my screen.

"On another note, sweetheart Niall Horan from boy band One Direction is rumored to have a new girl in his life! They were seen at a disco just the other night, as this picture shows."

I slammed the laptop closed and let the tears pour out of my eyes. Niall wouldn't hurt me right? He said he would never do that. I ran out of my house and down to the street and turned the corner. I bumped into someone, causing both of us to stumble back. 

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sor-" I paused in the middle of my sentence. Niall's big blue eyes were widened and a grip on someone else's hand was released. 

"[Y/N], let me explain. Please." 

I stumbled back and shook my head. I couldn't feel any emotion, nor my legs. But I ran away.

I ran until I could feel my legs again, even though they were burning. I collapsed on to the concrete side walk and held my face in my hands. I didn't even know where I was, I really didn't care. Then questions started circling my head, causing me to give in to my feelings.

Who was that girl?

Why were they holding hands?

Was he cheating on me?

I managed to pull myself up and look around. I took in my surroundings and it hit me. I knew where I was going the whole time. My mom's house. I cried even harder. 

My mom passed away years ago. I missed her so much and I couldn't see my life without my mom's love. But Niall came along.

The beautiful little Irish boy helped me through everything. He was not only my boyfriend, but he was my best friend.

I continued to walk through the familiar neighborhood, down to the cemetery. It was time to talk to my mom again.

I stopped by the flower shop to pick up a bouquet of flowers to bring with me. I walked in and eyed all the flowers. Morning glories, daisies, roses, daffodils.

"Your flowers are ready mister ... Horan."

My head shot up and I hid behind a stand with a few vases on them. I saw Niall walk towards the counter, picking up what seemed to be a large bouquet of ... roses. My stomach twisted when I saw the look on his face. 

His eyes were red, tears left their remains on his cheeks and his hair looked like a wreck, yet it was flawless. He paid the man at the counter and nodded a thank you before he walked out.  

I went up to the counter and told the man what I wanted. I was still going to see my mom, no matter what. 

When I left the flower shop, I walked down to the cemetery. I saw a family there, a little boy and girl and a older woman. They were putting flowers around a large gravestone. I'm guessing their father and her husband.

I walked passed them and went over to the gravestone that had my mothers name carved into it. I kissed the flowers and set them down near her name. I started rambling. I might have seemed crazy to many people, but I was alone, so I didn't care. I started going off on what happened since she's passed away. It felt good to get it off of my chest. When I was done, I stood up and walked home. It was a long walk, about 45 minutes, but I needed time to think anyway.

When I neared my house, I saw something resting on my doorstep. My speed kicked up and I felt myself sprinting towards my door. A small gasp escaped my lips as I made out the figure. 

It was the bouquet of roses Niall had purchased. I picked them up and a note fluttered to the floor. I picked it up and read it.

[Y/N],

I am so sorry you had to see that. I know it seemed as if I was with another girl, but I'm not trust me. Ali and I are just good friends, nothing more. I love you and only you. Please forgive me, I'm so sorry.

-Niall x

I noticed a few tear drops on the paper, as if he was crying as he wrote it. I set both of the things down on the floor and sat down next to them. I ran my hands over my face and stared at the floor. I didn't know what to believe. My phone buzzed from my pocket. I fished it out and read the text.

"Look up."

Confused, I looked up to see a beautiful looking Niall standing there with his guitar. He started strumming a familiar tune and sang along to it.

"Girl I see it in your eyes you're disappointed,

cause I'm the foolish one that you anointed with your heart,

I tore it apart.

And girl what a mess I made upon your innocence,

and no woman in the world deserves this,

but here I am asking you for one more chance"

Before he can finish singing, I jumped up and wrapped my arms around his neck. He released his guitar and hugged me back. I felt him sniffle into my hair.

"I love you, [Y/N]. I'm so sorry. I was so-"

"Niall, shush. You're ruining the moment. Saying I love you was enough." We giggled, still hugging one another.

"Then I'll say it a million times if I have to."

I pulled away and looked up at him.

"I love you, too."

He smiled at me and I felt the corners of my lips pull into a smile, too.  

Relief ran over my body. They were just friends.