CHAPTER NINETEEN

Adara's POV

As I finished up the pancakes I made the decision to call everyone to eat. But I was still sour about Tony saying he "requested" it so...

"Jarvis. Please call everyone to the kitchen for breakfast expect Tony.." I said.

"Of course."

"Thank you."

"Your welcome Mrs.Evans."

I put the pancakes on the plates and set them on the table along with some syrup. I went back into the kitchen just as I saw Steve and Natasha coming.

"Good morning!" I say and they turn to me then the food.

"Ahh. You made your famous pancakes, hmm?" Nat said.

"Yep." I answer. They sat down as Clint and Bruce entered along with Thor trailing behind them.

"Why have I been summoned from my chambers?" Thor said and I turned to him.

"You have been "summoned" to eat amazing pancakes. Now sit." I tell him and they all sit down.

They began to eat and I saw all their eyes widen.

"Wow, this is really good." Clint says swallowing a mouthful of pancake.

"Evans family recipe." I answer.

"These are most delicious!" Thor said with food still in his mouth and Nat made a look of disgust.

"Chew with your mouth closed, pancake is dripping out of your mouth." She said and he tilted his head in confusion. He opened his mouth to speak but all of them made a look and looked away so he shut his mouth. As they all ate I wondered where Loki was. I had told Jarvis to call everyone except Tony, he should have been here. I decided if he wasn't coming out, I would go in.

I took a plate from the table and began to walk out.

"Adara?" A voice said. I turned to see Clint was the one who called me. "Were you heading?" I chewed the inside of my cheek, thinking of an answer.

"Um, none ya." I said and he raised his eyebrow.

"None ya?" He repeated.

"None ya business!" I say and he gives me a Really? look. I stuck out my tongue and began to walk down the hallway to Loki's room. As I began to walk I ran into a familiar face.

"Hey. What is going on?" Tony said then looked down at the plate then pointed to it. "Are those pancakes?"

"Maybe." I answered. He opened his mouth in shock then looked forward.

"Save some for me!" He yelled running into the kitchen. I chuckled at his behavior and began to walk once more. I came to Loki's door and suddenly realized I looked terrible. I flattened my hair a bit to try and look presentable then scolded myself for fixing myself up for some guy.

I knocked on the door and almost immediately the door opened to reveal Loki standing in his nightclothes. Actually it was a shirt from Tony and some loose sweatpants but nonetheless.

"Good morning." I say lifting up the plate. "I have brought pancakes since you didn't come to the kitchen."

"Yes. I did get the call from the man in the ceiling." He tells me. "But I did not feel welcome."

"Well, that does not mean you have to miss out on the pancakes. So here, it is a family recipe." I say handing him the plate. He took it and looked at it in confusion. He looked back up at me and tilted his head.

"French toast?" He asked.

"No. These are pancakes. They are both a morning thing but these are different." I explain. He nods in understanding.

"Well, these do look very delicious." He said than chuckled. "I suppose Thor is acting a pig of himself over them?"

"Yep." I say nodding my head and he laughs.

"That is what I expected. He has always been a very unclean eater when it comes to new foods." He tells me and I giggle. I then realized I just giggled. I giggled. Where did that come from. He then looked up at me with his green eyes and something glint in them that I could not place. I feel judged under his gaze and shift a little.

"Thank you. For the food. I will quite enjoy this." He says and I nod.

"You are very welcome." I say. "I need to go back and make sure they didn't kill each other over the pancakes." He nods and I turn to leave.

"Adara." He calls out and I turn around.

"Yeah?" I said and he looked hesitant. "Um, make sure you get some as well, they might steal the treat."

"Yeah, that tends to happen. And Tony joined in! Ahh, he's going to eat them all! Bye! TONY!" I yell and turn around running to save my pancakes.

Loki's POV

Adara handed me the plate of a round treat and then turned to leave. I felt something tug at me and I did not want to let our conversation end.

"Adara." I said. It was the only thing I could think of. She turned around at the sound of my voice and her eyes focused on me.

"Yeah?" She said. I felt my mouth dry and I couldn't think of anything other than..."Make sure you get some as well, they might steal the treat."

"Yeah that tends to happen. And Tony joined in! Ahh, he's going to eat them all! Bye! TONY!" She screamed and began to run down the hall to try and seize the treat back. I smiled and went back into my room examining the round delicacy.

I walked over to my bed sitting down and taking the knife and fork slicing off a piece. I ate one and it was more delicious than I had imaged. She had yet again surprised me. She seemed to do that to me every time I saw her. I usually expected the unexpected but with her, I never knew what was going to happen next.