CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Loki's Pov

"Well, this was fun." Adara said.

"Yes, it was." I told her. She shuffled my foot nervously for a second then looked back up at me. "I hope we can do this again."

"So do I." She answer. I then had a sudden urge to lean forward. I glanced at her lips then back to her face. I wanted to but I thought better of it. I smirk at her and she returns it. I then took her hand and kissed it. I could see the blush rise up on her cheeks.

"Goodnight, Adara." I say.

"Goodnight." She said with a small smile. I smiled back and turned to leave. I silently made my way to my room but that's when I heard talking. I knew I should not investigate but I never really followed the rules did I? So, I stalked down the hallway and looked around the corner. I saw the bird blocking Adara's way to her room. An anger suddenly coursed through me and I felt as if I should lunge at him, but I just clenched onto the wall.

"Good. How'd your date with Loki go?" He asked and I grinded my teeth.

"What are you-don't lie to me." He cut her off and her smile evaporated so fast from her face I had to make sure my eyes were working correctly.

"It went fine, thank you for asking." She hissed at him and I felt a little...I don't know what to call it. He leaned off the wall and took a step towards Adara.

"Adara, you should not be alone with that freak." He said and I rolled my eyes. Adara was right, couldn't midgardians think of better insults. He crossed his arms and she did the same in a mocking way.

"And why is that? Because of the fact he basically joined our team today?" She said and I raised an eyebrow.

" "No, because he tried to take over the world. Manipulated you. Took over my mind and is destroying the team!" The bird said voice rising. She looked down at the floor and seemed to think. "Adara." She looked back up and looked him in the eye.

"How could you be alone with that-freak?" She cut him off and he seemed surprised that she did so.

"I find it funny that you could forgive other people of crimes just as wrong as his. And give them another chance. But not him. Kind of funny if you ask me." She explained and I watched as she defended me.

"What are you saying? You forgive him? After all he did?" He said and she uncrossed her arms seeming hesitant.

""I'm saying I want you away from my door." She commanded and he sneered a bit then moved away from the door. She went forward and opened her door, as she was about to close it he stopped her once more.

"Adara. I'm trying to tell you be careful of him. Even if you changed it doesn't mean he will." He said and she flinched away. Her face went back to stone in an instant as soon as she did. "I didn't mean-Goodnight Clint." She said then shut the door so hard it shook. Barton looked down at his feet, and then smacked the wall, then slowly walked away.

I moved towards my room before I could be seen. I shut my door quietly and sat in a chair thinking about what transpired. She had just defended me against the bird, one of her closest friends that resented me to his very core. They new each other much longer than they met me, but yet...she defended me. I found it amazing she even would. The bird was right about one thing, after all I had done she still stood in my presence. I did not understand. And I didn't think I ever would.

Adara's Pov

I walked down the street as dim street lights flashed in my vision. I walked with four other people down this dark road and we all looked around in search for any unwanted visitors. We soon found our destination and we stopped a few feet from where a group of others stood.