Chapter Five

Katya just sat there stroking Alaska's hair as she slept. She wouldn't change anything about this moment. Her precious 'Lasky was calm and wasn't in pain and this made Katya happy and feel like she could do this.
Violet felt a tear leave her eye but it wasn't a sad tear, it was a tear of happiness for her two best friends. *they'll get through this, they've got each other*
She thought as a smile crept across her face. Violet went into the kitchen and began to tidy up yesterday's remains. As she was tidying up she thought about all that Katya had done for Alaska and how Alaska felt bad that she couldn't repay her. She wondered what she could help Alaska to do that would make Katya happy. Then it came to her.
*could we do that? Yeah, we need to make it special. Something that they'll cherish for the rest of their lives*
Violet finish cleaning up and went into the lounge. She neatened the blanket and placed the pillows when there was a strange noise from Alaska's room and she ran to go and find out what it was. When she opened the door, she found Katya fast asleep but Alaska was clinging to the edge of the bed as she attempted to walk. Violet saw how pale Alaska was and put one arm around Alaska's waist and one of Alaska's arm over her shoulder.
"Why were you doing that?"
"I wanted to surprise Katya but it didn't really work"
"Oh Alaska, theres other ways that you can surprise her" said Violet softly "but if you want to have a go, put your left leg in front of you"
Alaska managed to drag her foot forward slightly and then the other foot.
"See, you can do it but it's just going to take a while" Violet said reassuringly "Here, come with me" she said as she picked up Alaska and carried her into the lounge. She placed Alaska on the sofa and put a blanket over her. "Alaska, Katya still loves you whether you can walk or not. She loves you and your personality, she's not going to leave you because you can't do something, she will stick by your side through it all, she might not think it but she is strong enough."
"But what about next Wednesday" Alaska said quietly as she looked uncomfortable
"Look at me" Violet said as Alaska turned her hair towards her "I will try everything I can but I can't promise anything. If you do have to go, then me and Katya will be right by your side,the whole time"
" 'Kay" mumbled Alaska

A few minutes later Katya came in to the lounge and sat down next to Alaska. "Katya?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry about earlier.I don't know what happened.I just panicked" " Oh 'Lasky, it's alright.I'm not mad at you, I just want you to be safe" " I love you Kati" "Love you too 'Lasky"

Katya picked up Alaska and carried her into her room and laid her down on the bed and lay next to her. Katya pulled the quilt up over the both of them and snuggled into Alaska. She put on Netflix and lay there peacefully

*30 minutes later*

"Alaska? Are you sure you're okay? The nightmares should have stopped by now" Katya said as she stroked Alaska's chest "Lasky? Alaska?ALASKA! ALASKA WAKE UP PLEASE! VIOLET HELP! SHE ISN'T BREATHING! VIOLET PLEASE HELP ME! ALASKA DON'T DO THIS TO ME!" Katya shouted while in hysterics.

Violet came running into the room and when she saw what happened she grabbed the oxygen mask and pulled it over Alaska. Oh shit she's choking. Violet put Alaska in a sitting up position and had her leaning over forward. She took of the mask and whacked Alaska's back as hard as she could without hurting her. As soon as Violet's hand hit Alaska, vomit shot out of her mouth and splattered on the quilt. Alaska's eyes opened and locked instantly with Violets with a look of sheer terror. Violet continued to rub Alaska's back until it had all come out and then laid Alaska back down with the oxygen mask on and lifted the quilt off and chucked it into the bath.