10- Not Athletic In Any Way

ERIC'S P.O.V

I waited for Eloise by her locker, she had agreed to tutor me on Wednesdays and Thursdays as I had netball, basketball and football on the other days.

She greeted me with a warm smile, "Can we not go to the library today, the librarian slightly freaks me out."

I remembered the last time we were there and chuckled. I don't want to break my nose again or anything else for that matter.

"We could go to my place," I suggested.

Eloise's eyes grew larger with excitement. "Really?"

"Yeah, my brothers probably picking me up today, I'm pretty sure he forgot that I told him not to." And sure enough, as we walk out of school we see my brother parked around the bend, in his car which Eloise liked to call SXY.

As we approached, my brother looked up from his phone.

"Little E, who've you got there?" He studied Eloise and I could feel her fidget beside me, feeling uncomfortable.

My brother's eyes lit up as he recalled when he'd seen her, "Well, if it isn't choker girl!"

"Choker girl?" Once she realised why he'd called her that, she gave him a glare. I almost fell about laughing, Eloise had the funniest glare ever, it looked like she had just sucked on a lemon.

I stepped in, "Eloise this is my brother Evan and Evan this is Eloise, she's tutoring me. Be nice!"

There was no point in adding the 'be nice' bit as they where both nice to each other, but both had a liking to annoy me.

When we got home, I was thankful when my brother left us alone and went to his room.

"I like your brother," Eloise stated.

"Like I said before, he's taken," I huffed.

"No! I didn't mean it like that!" She squeaked. Her cheeks went a shade of hot pink.

'Her blush is cute,' I banished the thought immediately.

"Er, I guess I should give you a tour of the house now." I said a little awkwardly.

I showed her around a few of the main rooms, and I'm surprised she didn't swallow a fly as her mouth was hanging open for most of the tour. We got to the basement which was my favourite bit of the house, it was calm and peaceful and I came here when I wanted space to myself. This room was quite special to me.

Eloise launched herself onto a bean bag as I went to get us some drinks from the mini fridge. "There's black currant Ribera and orange juice."

"Ew! Black currant," Eloise shivered and scrunched up her face in disgust.

I chuckled, "Orange juice it is then." I grabbed an orange juice carton and chucked to her, forgetting that Eloise was not athletic in any way. The carton bounced off her head and fell on her lap.

"Ow!" She bent down to pick up the carton.

'Isn't it weird how every time Eloise and you are together, someone always ends up getting hurt?'

We moved on to our homework, Eloise explained the first few questions for me until I got the hang of it. I wasn't stupid, I just couldn't learn with some people, people that couldn't teach, but with Eloise it was different. By the time I was on the fifth problem, Eloise had already finished and was now beginning the extension Mr Clarke gave her.

I was halfway through the sixth question, when I heard some slurping noises. Eloise was gently sucking and nibbling on the straw of her empty juice carton, lost in concentration.

My eyes unintentionally travelled to her pink lips, which were locked onto the straw, almost teasingly.

'Is she making out with the straw or something.'

"Stop!" I yelled, feeling very uncomfortable and slightly disturbed. "Throw it away."

I signalled to the carton and she stood up and threw it away, looking very confused as she did.

"You were distracting me," I explained. She nodded and went back to her work.

'What was that all about? Why was I getting so worked up about Eloise?'

"What are you thinking about Eric?" Eloise snapped me back to reality. Her head was tilted slightly and she was studying me with her eyes furrowed. As if just realising she had said that out loud, her face flushed.

I had to stop myself from saying, 'you' in answer to her question. "Nothing," I said instead.

Eloise's face dropped a little at my reply. "Well, I'm finished so if you need me I'll be reading."

She placed her homework to the side and took out a book from her bag.

'Who carries a book around with them?'

I just shrugged and went back to my work.

I was nearly done when I heard a soft 'no'. I looked up and saw tears streaming down Eloise's face.

I began to worry, "El," I immediately went to her side, and handed her a tissue.

Eloise lifted her eyes from the book. She shook her head and took the tissue from me. "How could he?" she whispered, "After everything." Another tear trickled onto her cheek.

For some reason, I felt a pang in my chest at seeing Eloise cry.

"Please stop crying," I begged.

She tore her watery eyes away from the book and looked up at me.

A smile broke onto her face and she began to laugh.

'What on earth?'

"I'm sorry Eric, you're face looks really funny when you look concerned." She was now laughing hysterically.

"Ok, either your on drugs or you have serious mood swings." She gave me a confused look, then as though she remembered her smile turned upside down.

"They killed her Eric," she said in a small voice. "They killed Lena."

Now I was worried, "Who's Lena?" I asked in a comforting voice.

She picked up her reading book, "She's a beautiful princess and they killed all because she fell for the wrong person and-" I cut her off.

"Are you telling me Lena is a character from your book?"

"Well yes." I slapped my palm on my forehead.

"You were crying because a fictional character died!"

"Shhh! Don't talk about the dead like that!"

I felt so annoyed at her, how could she scare me like that. "Just promise me you won't do that again El." I sighed.

"What? Never cry over a book again? I can't do that!"

"No, Just not in my presence, okay?" I held out my pinkie.

Eloise smiled, "I thought boys didn't do pinkie promises."

"Well I do." She nodded and slowly wrapped her pinkie against mine, and a strange part of me wanted to keep our pinkies entwined.

..................................................................................................................

I'm sorry I haven't updated in decades.

Just had horrible writers block plus mock exams.

So this rubbish was the best I could come up with.

Erics P.O.V, get ready for a lot of them.

And if you've read a book (apart from the fault in our stars) that made you cry. Please leave a comment and we can cry together.

Please Vote and Comment

Far-Car .~.