chapter 2

I wake up to the sound of my alarm beeping. I jump up and turn it off. I look around and see the dresser in front of the door which triggers the memory of what happened last night. I go and take a quick shower and then I get dressed for school. I have that warm feeling in my chest agian. I realize it's because I'm thinking about seeing Shane today. All I do is smile. I brush my strait, long, brown hair too get all the tangles out.  I grab my things and run down the stairs to head to the door. I don't run into my dad, which is good. I walk to the bus stop which is only about 20 yards down the road. On the bus, I just listen to my music and wander what the day has in store for me.

      When I arrive at school, I head to my normal spot. School doesn't start for another 45 minutes because my bus is the earliest bus to arrive here. When I reach the tables I put my things down and climb to sit on the table as I always do. "All that's left to do is wait,"I think to myself. I put my music back in and began listening to, "It's Never Too Late", by Three Days Grace. As I'm listening to my music, I'm startled by a tap on my shoulder. I turn around hoping its Shane. My heart skips a beat when I see his face and the smile that's spread across it.

     "Hey, whats ya listening too?" he asks in a way that seems we have been friends forever.

     "Hey, and oh I'm listening to, "It's Never Too Late",by Three Days Grace. I say smiling. Do you like Three Days Grace?  I ask.

     "Accually, like is an understatement. They are one of my favorite bands of all time. And that song is a really good song. I assume you like them too." He says gestering toward my I pod.

      "Yeah, I love them as well." I say finally looking up to him.

       When he looks at me, he stops smiling.  He just stands there for a moment, and then he reaches over and touches the side of my face which sends a lilttle bit of pain through my face. It's only then do I realize that I have a bruise from being hit last night.

       "Who hit you?" he asks in a hushed tone. Now he's looking into my eyes searching for an answer. "You had to be hit really hard to get a nasty blood shot bruise like that."

        All I do is look down. I didn't even look in the mirror this morning, I think to myself.  I forgot to see if he left a mark! I think scolding myself.I just sit there not sure what to say.

         He reaches over again, but this time he puts his hand under my chin and gently lifts my head so he can look into my eyes. It's okay, you can tell me. I just want the truth.

         With that I began crying. He pulls me into a hug and wraps his arms around me. "How can someone I just met yesterday make me feel so safe?"I think to myself. He leans back and wipes my tears away with his hand. "It's okay, we can talk later or when ever your ready to tell me. I know we just met, but I'm here for you." When he said that, my heart bagan to slow down and resume it's normal pace.

         "How can he make me feel so safe?"I think, confused. "Could we meet after school?"I say as im pulling away. "I dont really feel like discussing it here at school. So much to explain and theres not enough time during school."

       "Yeah, thats fine Elana. How about I just give you a ride home after school? Will that be okay?" He asks still looking into my eyes.

      "Yeah,  thats good. Ill be here, waiting after school. And by the way, thank you so much for being so kind. I really need someone like you. It'll be good for me. I like you already. Your so kind and caring." I say looking back down.

       "Hey, look at me.  I'm only being myself. You seem to bring out the best in me. You make me wanna be better. I can see how pure your heart is, and I want you to be in my life as well. I will help you in any way I can." He hugs me agian, and then hops up onto the table beside me.