Chapter 57

(Caden's Point of View)

She looks so peaceful. Her little body fit perfectly on this small single bed. Of course I had no room and she was pressing up against my stomach and it hurt, but I didn't mind. She looked so cute.

Where am I? Oh yeah, the hospital. I forgot that quick.

I heard her groan and then she slowly lifted up. She put a hand to her head and sighed. "My neck hurts." She said to herself. "Glad to see you're finally up." I said but it came out croaked. She froze then turned around. I swear I saw her eyes light up.

"Caden!" She yelled and hugged me. I groaned. "Stomach." I reminded her. She let go. I saw tears falling from her eyes, with weak hands, I wiped them away. "You're back!" She exclaimed. "Yep." I said, popping the 'p'. That's when she crashed her lips to mine.

We broke apart a few minutes later. "If you don't mind me asking, who are you?" I asked. She went wide eyed and started crying again. "Caden? I can't believe you don't remember your own fiancée!" She exclaimed. And I started laughing. "Is something funny?" She was shooting me daggers.

"I'm just kidding. I know who you are. Your Spencer Thomas." She kissed my cheek. "That was mean." I laughed some more. "I know."

She gently nestled her way into my embrace and I played with her hair. "How long was I out?" I asked. "27 days." She said and I went shocked. That's almost a full month. 27 days? That's 648 hours! "Really? Are you sure, it seems like I've been asleep for a couple of hours." I explained and she kissed my cheek. "Well, you were asleep for some weeks."

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." She replied back. She let out a yawn. "Are you sleepy?" I asked and she nodded her head. "Again?" I questioned and she nodded her head. I patted the top of her head. "Go back to sleep." I whispered. "But I want to talk to you some more." She protested. I laughed. "We'll talk later when you wake up." She closed her eyes and almost in an instant she was asleep.

She looks so peaceful.