Ten

I had never been so sure about anything in my life. I had never hoped for anything so badly. I had never been so wrong in my entire life. I didn't even have the comfort of knowing that Daichi was there to tell me "I told you so." I sort of wished he did know. I sort of wished I knew, but I really wished I knew Hisato was a fake.

It all stopped at some point. It started with the texting. After the cookie incident, I texted him, but he never texted back. Then, I texted him about his lack of texts, but he never texted back. It was like, all at once, everything I had built on Hisato was coming down. Even though everything we had together was intangible, the cookies weren't. I couldn't understand why someone would waste their time on someone they don't care about.

Is everything okay? You haven't texted in awhile

So I was ready to give up on him. The more I thought about it, the more I realized there really was nothing. They were just words on a screen. That was all. Until the all optimistic Daichi, came up with him on reasoning. He insisted that I look for Hisato at school. Compared to his other ideas, this one was actually feasible, so I did what he suggested. The next day, after almost a week of no texts from him, I asked some people from school. It was strange considering I never ask for help. Daichi did a lot more work than me, and at some point he even asked at the front office, and the results? Well, there was no one by the of Hiasto at Kohana High. At least not by the official name. Yes, Daichi suggested it was a nickname meaning that the only way to find him was by the students, but I was tired of the chasing game. If Hisato didn't want anything to do with me, there was no use in looking for him.

I did some searching around school, and there is no one name Hisato.

It's fine if you don't want to talk to me anymore. Can you just tell me why?

But my heart foolishly held on to hope. At lunch my eyes wandered to every single person that walked by thinking they might just walk up to me, and say they are the person that made me helplessly fall in love with them. Daichi looked at me with a sorry look. I sighed and meet eyes with Naruto. He stopped to look at me.

"Do you guys know anyone named Hisato?"

Everyone answered with a no, and they dismissed me. I looked around the table to see Sasuke looked at me. Actually, he was staring at me, and he made no attempt to look away. I watched his eyes and realized that he knew something. He knew about Hisato. Finally, he looked away and stood up. He mumbled something to Naruto before leaving. I thought about it for a moment. Then, I stood up. A startled Daichi turned to look at me.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Where did Sasuke go?" I asked Naruto.

"He said he was going to the bathroom."

I left without a word. Much to my surprise Daichi didn't chase after me. I began to walk to the school bathrooms, but when I turned the corner of a nearby building, I spotted Sasuke standing by a tree looking down at his phone. I turned back to the other side. Something told me to wait. I had to plan everything out.

Then my phone buzzed. It was Hisato. My heartbeat speed up. My finger delayed over the message.

I have to tell you something

I waited as he typed. I completely forgot Sasuke stood on the other side of the building.

You're Michi Harada