9. Hospital

I fall asleep with Gus that night without dealing with the babies crying. My parents are taking care of them for a few days. I need a few days with Augustus alone.  Taking care of the babies will stress me out causing me to go back to the hospital. I hate going to the hospital. I want to go a least a month without going to the hospital.  The doctors are having me eat a special diet so I don't have to have my lungs drained so much.

It has been two months since the babies were born. Gus decided to name them Anna and Gus as our final decision. They have been acting different than normal. The doctor said that they are just getting used to their new home, that they arent used to it just yet.

I pick Anna up from daycare and drive home to see daddy. I get home and start to feel sick. Gus comes to me for comfort. "What is it, Hazel? Are you feeling alright?" At that time I was in the living room. I cover my mouth and run to the kitchen in time to find a bucket on the floor. I puke into the bucket.

Gus' POV
Hazel turns green when we get into the living room. She can't be pregnant again. She just had the twins. It could be food poisoning or a stomach bug. Since she still has cancer, it could be from the chemo. She can easily get sick from the cancer.
She runs into the kitchen and vomit several times. I out the kids into the playroom and run to her. "Are you alright, Hazel? Do you want to see the doctor?"

"No. I don't want to. I'm feeling worse enough."
For the next few hours she goes back and forth from the bed to the toilet. It's very upsetting to see her so sick. I'm pretty sure it's a stomach bug.

I try to give her water, but it comes back up. She ends up falling asleep on the toilet after her "incident"
She wakes up a few hours later asking for toast. She finishes it quickly. Not much later does it reappear in the bucket. I decide to take her to her doctor. She had passed out from exhaustion.

We get to the hospital in a rush. I quickly run inside with Hazel in my arms. She had passed out from exhaustion and dehydration. She hasn't been able to keep anything down. No matter what I gave her, it wouldn't stay down.

The doctor came in with a few nurses. He wheels in a chair and has me put Hazel on it. They wheel her into a room. He allows me to follow. I follow them into a room. The same room she was in when she almost died.

Another day had passed, Hazel was hooked up to an IV and oxygen, to help her breathe. I must have fallen asleep because a nurse shakes me awake. I stare at her, confused," Hazel is awake. Do you want to see her?" Of course I want to! I thought.  I nod to the nurse and follow her to Hazel's room. I just realized that I fell asleep in the waiting room.

Hazel has been in here too many times to count. I start to see all the times she was in here. We were best friends as children. I remember all the times she had come here to have treatment. We met each other in elementary school. The last year of elementary school. The day she was diagnosed with cancer was the worst day. I had never seen her so sick in my life.

I remember the day she had to have chemotherapy. She had lost her beautiful long dirty blonde hair. It was extremely scary. I thought she would die. Her parents and I were very close, we all tried to be strong for her. But when the doctor said she would have to have an oxygen tank behind her, I lost it. I burst inbto never ending tears.

They found a treatment that would help after years and years of research. They found a way to keep the cancer from spreading and growing. She could live forever, as I said. They explained to me that she might. It all depends on her treatment. Although she would need to have her lung drainings. It was named Phanlanxifor. It could stop the tumor from growing, but it wouldn't treat the cancer or make it better.

I remember what she had said to me before I told her I would die," I'm a grenade and at some point I'm going to blow up and I would like to minimize the casualities, okay?
Okay.

Like the new chapter? Comment, Vote, and Follow!

I know I haven't been on nrecently. I just don't have signal down here. In Oklahoma. Im with family. I got a writing journal and have been writing in it ever since. I decided to post today, becuase I thought well why not?!