Chapter 2: Traumatic Childhood

Drowning himself in the grief of their family's loss of his wife, Yongsun stood up and went near her father, though she was scared. "D-dad....that's enough..." Yongsun said as she fearlessly went up to her father to take away the bottles.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" He said as he pushed Yongsun forcefully, "Yongsun-unnie!" Wheein said as she helped her twin sister get up. "D-Dad! That's not good for you!" Wheein said as the father immediately stood up.

"OH?! IS THAT SO?! DO YOU TWO KNOW WHAT ELSE IS NOT GOOD?!" The father said as he began breaking empty soju bottles on the floor. The twins began to back up from their enraged father out of fear, "THAT YOU TWO WERE BORN! IF YOU WEREN'T BORN, NONE OF THIS WOULD'VE HAPPENED!! YOU EVEN LIED TO ME, YOUR OWN FATHER, ABOUT THIS SICKNESS YOUR MOTHER HAD!" "D-Dad, we didn't know!" "IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU RESPOND WHEN I ASKED YOU, SILENCE MEANS YES, SO YOU KNEW! DON'T MAKE ME LOSE MY PATIENCE & I'LL ASK YOU ONCE MORE, DID YOU KNOW OR NOT?!"

The twins were too afraid to respond, "Oh? Aren't you going to respond to me now? BOTH OF YOU! COME WITH ME!" "No! I don't want to!" Wheein responded holding on tight to Yongsun.

"FINE! THEN YOU! GO OUTSIDE! NOW!" The father said as he forcefully picked Yongsun up, "No! Don't hurt Yongsun-unnie! Please!" Wheein said as her tears continuously poured out from her eyes, holding on to her Yongsun's hands. "Unnie!! Hold my hands tighter!" Wheein said as she tried to hold on to her sister until their father pulled Wheein away to a corner & brought Yongsun outside.

"Unnie!!" Wheein yelled as she was locked inside their bedroom.

This kept on for days until their aunt was able to rescue them for their now-drunkard father.

"Wheein-ah, don't worry, your sister is safe." The aunt reassured. "W-Wheein-ah..." Yongsun said reaching out for her sister. "Let's not go back to father..." "The both of you are safer here.." The aunt said. "Unnie, I'm scared.." Wheein said as she hugged Yongsun tightly.

"Don't worry, we'll need to protect each other from now on." Yongsun reassured her traumatized sister. "A-alright unnie, as long as you're with me, I'm safe."

From then on, the twins became each other's source of strength to carry on, even without their mother no longer being next to them.

The twins then grew up well, until one unexpected day came. "Wheein, Yongsun, I'll be at our neighbor's house for a moment, I'll just bring them some of the extra food we cooked today, alright?" "Alright!" The twins said as continued playing with their dolls.

A few moments later, their father who was very drunk, came for the twins. Barging in, the father immediately grabbed the twins by their arms. "Yongsun, Wheein, come home to our place, please.....I won't treat you badly anymore..." "No, we don't want to dad!" Yongsun said as she released herself & Wheein from their father's tight grip on them.

"Then I have no choice.." The father said as he picked Yongsun up forcefully and brought her to the car. "No! I won't let you take Yongsun-unnie!" Wheein said as she started hitting her father, forcing him to let her twin sister go.

"Wheein! Help me!" Yongsun cried out, "Auntie! Auntie! Help us please!" The father locked Wheein from outside of the house, "Wheein-ah!" Yongsun said as she held out her hand, trying to break free from her father. He then placed Yongsun placed her inside the trunk of the car. 

"You two just don't know how to shut up, do you?!" The father said as he locked the trunk. "Let me out of here!" Yongsun cried out. "I'll deal with your sister first." He said as he left her alone inside the car. "No! Don't hurt Wheein!! Don't you dare!" Yongsun said hitting on the walls of the trunk beside her.

The father then unlocked the door of the house & chased after Wheein, "Let me go! Let me and Yongsun-unnie go!" Wheein yelled. "You're really testing me, aren't you?! You're really a brat like your sister!" The father yelled.

It then started to rain, "Where's Yongsun-unnie?" "I'll deal with you first before I tell you!" He said as he continuously hit Wheein with his belt. "YOU KNOW WHAT DAD! I WISHED YOU WERE THE ONE WHO DIED INSTEAD OF MOM!" "Oh so that's how it is now?! Fine, join your sister in the trunk! If you even see her alive!"

Wheein then ran outside and started to slam all the doors of the car, "Unnie! Where are you!" "Wheein-ah! I'm here!" Yongsun then began to hit all the walls of the trunk as loud as she could.

"Unnie! Don't worry I'll get you out of there!" Wheein then grabbed a big piece of wood and began hitting the trunk. It took her a few minutes until it popped open.

"Wheein-ah!" Yongsun said, crying as she embraced her twin sister. Just then, Wheein's grip on Yongsun's embrace suddenly became weak. "Wh-Wheein-ah?" Yongsun said as she held her sister's unconscious body in her arms.

"Yongsun! Wheein! Why are you two in the rain & why are you bruised?!" The aunt said as she quickly headed over to Wheein and Yongsun. "Auntie, Wheein's cold, she just suddenly fainted & I don't know why! And father is inside the house, he came after me and Wheein!" Yongsun said with a worried expression. "What?! We'll have to deal with that later, but first we need to take your sister to the hospital! I'll call an ambulance, hold on to your sister!" The aunt said as she ran back to their neighbor's house to ask help. 

"Unnie..." Wheein said in a faint tone, "Wheein, help is coming, don't worry...I'm here..." Yongsun said as she held on to her sister tightly. 

Just what could've been the cause for Wheein to suddenly faint under pouring rain?