Chapter 7: I'll Never Leave You

"Wh-Wheein-ah?" Yongsun uttered as Wheein's grip on her hand weakened bit by bit until her sister's hand fell, lifeless.

"I....love.....you...." Those were her last words.

Yongsun then never stopped crying, still holding on to Wheein's hand until the nurses took her lifeless body to the morgue. "Where are you taking her?!" Yongsun shouted.

The nurses did not say a thing and transferred Wheein's body to the morgue, leaving Yongsun on her knees, crying her eyes out.

Yongsun & her aunt stayed in the hospital the entire afternoon later. The day passed, Wheein's body was then covered with a white cloth, it then hit midnight & the entire hospital was dead silent until...

"W-Where? Am I?" A familiar voice flowed through the air like a whisper, though it was inaudible for any living human to hear. "U-unnie? Auntie?"

It was Wheein's spirit, "Wh-Why do I see my body? Am I...dead? No...." Wheein said as she stared at her own corpse. She then wandered around the hospital, crying out for help. "N-Nurse! Please help me!" She cried out. "D-did you feel that?" The nurse said. "Feel what?" "It's like..it became cold all of a sudden..."

"It must be the air conditioner...hang on, I'll lower the temperature." Wheein's spirit then left and continued going around the hospital

The next morning came, Yongsun and her aunt then stopped the morgue to see Wheein before she was scheduled to be laid to rest the next day.

"Now you stay here first Yongsun, I'll just be inside for a moment." Her aunt said as she and the nurse went inside the morgue. Up to that day, Yongsun could not hold back her emotions and followed her aunt inside the morgue and looked at Wheein's corpse.

"U-Unnie? Unnie, I'm here! I'm not dead yet! Unnie!" Wheein said as she passed through the wall of the morgue and stood beside her sister, staring down at her own corpse.

Wheein tried to hug Yongsun but she was not able to, no matter how hard she tried, her arms would only pass through her. "Yongsun? What are you doing in here, didn't I tell you to wait for me outside?" Their auntie said. "I'm sorry auntie...." Yongsun said as she held her sister's cold hand. "I just can't accept the fact that...." "I know....even I cannot accept it just yet....but I guess that's how life goes...." 

"Unnie? Why can't you hear me?" Wheein said as she tried to tap Yongsun's shoulder but her hand would pass right through. "A-Auntie? Why is it cold all of a sudden?" Yongsun said, "Cold? But..that's strange...there's no air condition in here.."

"U-Unnie....you felt my tap on your shoulder?" Wheein said as she reached for Yongsun's shoulder. "Here....I'll let you wear my blazer....so that you don't feel cold."

"Wheein-ah..." Two other familiar voices were heard, but inaudible to anyone else except Wheein.

Wheein then turned around and followed the white light until, "M-Mom? U-Uncle?"

"Wheein-ah...." Her mother and uncle said, "Mom, Uncle? What are you doing here?" Wheein said with a smile on her face. "Wheein, it's time for you to rest..." "B-But what about Yongsun-unnie?" Wheein said as she looked back at Yongsun.

"Your sister will be fine, one day she'll understand all of this...." Wheein couldn't help but just look at her sister. She didn't want to leave her just yet.

"Come on Wheein, where we're going, you'll no longer feel any pain, you won't feel any sadness, you'll have a good time, come with me.......Wheein-ah..." Her mom & uncle said.

"I....I'm sorry mom....uncle....I don't want to go with you just yet....there's so many things I want to do....and I can't leave Yongsun-unnie....I'll live up to my promise to her..." Wheein said as her mom & uncle's spirit faded away with the white light.

Wheein then ran back inside the morgue and stood next to Yongsun.

"Unnie.....don't worry.....it's my turn to repay everything you've done to protect me.....I won't let anyone hurt you...." Wheein said.

"Come on Yongsun, we still have errands to run, and we'll have to prepare for your sister's funeral" Their auntie said as she wrapped her arm around Yongsun's shoulders.

"Alright auntie...." Yongsun said as she had her head down, she & her auntie then went out of the morgue and headed to the market to start some errands.

"Don't worry unnie, I won't leave you...I'll still be here for you...no matter what it takes..."